Horror anime and manga

I’ve only read a little bit of horror manga and seen a little bit of anime. The ones that I read some of were Angels of Death and Tokyo Ghoul which were both very good and I should definitely read more of :eyes: I tried to watch Angels of Death as a show, but something about the color, animations, and sound was too unnerving for me to watch more than like 1 episode every once in a while :pleading_face: I still can’t find a good place to watch Tokyo Ghoul, either. According to a list, Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) is also a horror anime, which is the only horror anime that I would’ve actually seen all of.

So, do you like horror anime and manga?
What are your favorite horror anime/manga and which would you recommend?

@AnimeNerds

3 Likes

Resists the urge to blurt out Junji Ito

The Promised Neverland is great as an anime or manga, and even though it’s not technically horror, I’ll recommend Black Butler, too. It’s still spooky, right? Just don’t try the anime. It’s confusing compared to the manga.

2 Likes

I loved Angel of Death, it was very interesting

1 Like

Yes I do.

Well I’ve watched Angels of Death, Tokyo Ghoul, Attack on Titan, Another which are all horror anime. They were all creepy and very enjoyable. I like gore and creepy sht. Castlevania is sort of like anime but since it’s a western animation it’s not considered so but it is definitely anime-esque.

@AnimeNerds @ScreenSloths what about you guys?

1 Like

1 Like

Definitely. I think it’s safe to say it’s my favourite genre of anime so far :sweat_smile:

Oh! Elfen Leid! My friend watches that…despite having a fear of blood.

1 Like

Perfect blue is a horror movie, it’s 18+ though.
And it goes through subjects that still apply to modern society!

Perfect Blue GIF by Filmin

1 Like

Sheesh, any anime with furries/beast people in them.

AHHHHHHHH!

I bought a Junji Ito manga yesterday, it’s his adaptation of a novel called No Longer Human, the illustrations are literally amazing, I love Junji Ito so I’m pretty happy to finally have something he did! Lol, I’d love to have all of his work but some just hasn’t been translated to English.

Closed due to inactivity