Horror Prompt/Story Sharing Thread!

I am creating a Google Doc full of short Horror stories and I am eager for new prompts! I created this thread so that I (or any other aspiring writers) could get some Spoopy Inspiration! If you have a SpOoKy writing prompt, just write it here! You ca also post some short horror stories here (blurred and in hide details so it doesn’t get flagged, of course. Also make sure to mention any triggers outside of the hide details drop down.) Happy writing!

I’ll put the link to the Doc here and if I use one of your prompts in a story, I’ll credit your username next to the story’s title in the table of contents!

And if you guys want Horror Prompts for your own stories, feel free to use the ones in this thread!

7 Likes

I don’t have any horror prompts but this sounds like an eyemazing idea :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

Why thank you! :blush:

1 Like

This is one of my favorite genres to write!

Prompt: You find yourself in charge of coming up with horrific ways to torture a stranger, however, if they aren’t good enough, you get tortured instead.

4 Likes

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoH!!!

1 Like

You’re credited in the doc!

1 Like

Umm here’s another one:
Prompt: You’re going to your sister’s wedding, and when you get there, it’s all empty. Instead you find a disturbing video of the wedding, happening 20 years in the future.

3 Likes

I want more people to be able to use this thread, so… Bump!

is the video set in the future, or the story?

1 Like

video!

1 Like

Oooh, okay.

1 Like

For some reason, I’ve been wanting to write a SCP story.

Added horror and writing tags

1 Like

DO IT SCP IS RAD

1 Like

I just don’t know what to write! There’s so many, and they’re all so different!

1 Like

They are!

Tbh I was gonna try and do something with all the scarlet king stuff because that interests me the most

1 Like

He’s so cool! My favorite is probably 173, though, just because of how cute the original design was.

1 Like

Oh yeah! The original design was rad, I noticed they changed it in the game now and I understand why it’s just alot different :joy:

1 Like

Part of me will always miss the peanut…

1 Like

Same :disappointed_relieved: but at least it exists in our memory :joy:

1 Like