How concerned about privacy are you? šŸ¤”

BYE :star_struck::rofl:

Not that much, but itā€™s because Iā€™ve been using the Internet since the late 90s. I didnā€™t actually reveal my name online until I was 18 and actually met some online friends in real life.
Now, I donā€™t mind revealing my name online. The only place I donā€™t use my name is on Facebook because when I first opened my FB account, I got requests from all kinds of people that I didnā€™t even know, and I accepted them to be niceā€¦ but I had to delete that account and open a new one with a different name which I only give out to people I actually know in order to avoid getting requests from randos. Sometimes, people find me in suggested friends and add me, but I only accept people that I know IRL.

Now, I am concerned about the privacy of other peopleā€¦ for example, Iā€™ve only revealed my oldest nephewā€™s name, because Emiliano is a very common name in Mexico. But Iā€™ve never said his brotherā€™s name because itā€™s a very uncommon Arabic name, and I donā€™t want to put their safety at risk.

1 Like

I really concerned about my privacy but at the same time Iā€™m not sure if I have done enough to protect it :sweat_smile: mostly in the forums, Iā€™ve shared a lot of information and sometimes I get really paranoid about people finding out who I am, where I live and stuff.

2 Likes

And of course I wouldnā€™t reveal where I live or where I work.
I donā€™t mind revealing my country, but not my city.

1 Like

I have searched my name in the internet but Iā€™m not telling ya, because, well, privacy :laughing: And yeah I donā€™t really need to overthink about this too

1 Like

Not private when it comes to a lot of things, people feel uneasy knowing that your devices could be listening to you but I donā€™t care whatsoever. :star_struck: I am pretty much only concerned about the privacy of my bank credentials, credit card numbers and those sort of things.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say Iā€™m pretty concerned, but not too much. I donā€™t give out my last name or any of my personal info to the public, though Iā€™m pretty open about my first name and grade level :eyes:

1 Like

Moderately concerned. I donā€™t mind revealing my real name, but I will not reveal my last name. I also donā€™t like revealing pictures of myself unless I trust the platform or people, which the SWF is fine on most cases. I dont like to set my personal social media accounts on public because anybody could use them to catfish others. Iā€™m aware of the risks and make sure all my personal info is concealed.

I actually found myself on google. Itā€™s not there anymore, but I have no idea how it ended up there. Thatā€™s a little concerning

1 Like

Not that much, most people know my real name :eyes::sparkles:

I did it a few seconds ago. Amazon suggested some weird salt water measuring device, Facebook found my name twin in Italy, and I saw like millions of libraries, which always happens when I search my name :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

How concerned about privacy are you?
A little but I try not to think about it. I always hear people say that your information can be tracked easily which concerns me.
Have you ever searched up your real name on the net?/What did you find?

Nothing much. Mostly Facebook profiles :joy:

1 Like

Fairly concerned, but I donā€™t actually do much

I found some stuff about me and some stuff about not me :thinking:

1 Like

Sometimes Iā€™m really concerned and sometimes Iā€™m not concerned at all :joy:

@Discussions what about you?

1 Like

I donā€™t care too much except for money related things.
Iā€™m an open book anyway and my info is pretty useless since itā€™s innocent anyway so when people try to scam call me, I always call then out for it too. Like you managed to know which city I live in, then you should also know I live with my parents and Iā€™m not the person to call for an water and gas price comparison investigation.

1 Like

I feel the same way honestly. Like Iā€™m not gonna ever share where I live with people online or like my bank details (I mean even I donā€™t know those yet) but I am pretty much an open book and the information I do give you is probably useless. Realistically, no one is gonna try and come after me online lol. Iā€™m pretty nice and unproblematicā€¦ Iā€™d even call me boring. I also donā€™t share pictures of me publicly either so I get no weird comments about my looks. All in all, be safe of course but you probably have nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

Oh nah, people know my name and that Iā€™m fron the netherlands, so finding me online isnā€™t hard at all.

Even if people wanna go and find me, whatā€™s there to gain, you spend money to get here and then what? Iā€™m not hot enough to be of any profit on that department, Iā€™m not rich enough to give money to them (in fact it probably costs them more money to fly here and back than what I can give them lol) and if they just come here to be friends with me, Iā€™m down haha. But then they can just spend time talking to me and becoming friends and I would plan with them to meet up so I can also help make their stay cheaper and shizzles.

Iā€™m okay with sharing my name and my picture here, but I wouldnā€™t share my bank details, workplace, address, or full names of my family members because it could put them at risk, especially minors like my nephews. Iā€™ve only told people the oldest oneā€™s first name because itā€™s common, but I havenā€™t showed pictures of them nor have I said what their last name is.

Same! Thatā€™s why Iā€™m pretty much an open book on the Internet. I donā€™t even run in the same circles online as people I know in real life.

1 Like

Yeah I made my personal instagram private and only one person who I know online follows me there. But weā€™re really good/close friends and have had video calls and stuff like that so itā€™s safe. We know the same amount of info about each other honestly.

1 Like

I mean, concerned enough.

Yes. I donā€™t remember.

Closed due to inactivity