How Do Schools Explain Nature' To Students?

Nature: The phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth, as opposed to humans or human creations – Google Dictionary

In our schools, nature was taught as something that was green and colourful and all around us. Like trees, mountains, rivers, trees, flowers, grass, animals, etc. And even now, whenever I think of nature, I think of these. I don’t exactly know what nature is, but yeah.

• How do you think schools explain nature to students?
  • How was nature explained to you?
  • Do you think they are explained correctly?
  • How would you explain nature?

@Students @Discussions

1 Like

Do they actually explain nature in school?

1 Like

I don’t think so…

1 Like

Yeah, me neither. I don’t think they do

1 Like

I think I learned vague things about it from kindergarten and it got more specific over time. Like we learn T is for tree and L is for Lake but not about photosynthesis of fish ecosystems

1 Like

I actually learned a lot about nature in school because in Primary school we went to a specific nature sancturary kind of thing and learned about bugs and ecosystems. We also took a trip to the big park near the school and looked at the trees, plants and leaves. Then in high school, we did something similar in biology also in geography which was far more in depth, including taking notes on local flora and fauna.