How do you deal with people liking your work?

Not sure if this fits here, so feel free to move it ~

So, recently, I’ve been getting more into writing and actually released some of the stuff I wrote on the forums and on Dorian.
And surprisingly, it seems like some people actually like what I wrote (and it really makes my day because it feels like all the work paid off even if just one person enjoyed it :pleading_face::green_heart:)
However, I’m an awkward duckling and have no idea how to respond, because a simple thank you seems impolite and like it’s not enough, but I honestly don’t know what else to say without seeming weird… :eyes::no_mouth:

So how do you usually deal with people liking your work?
What’s the best way to respond to compliments in your opinion? :eyes::sparkles:

6 Likes

I usually say something like “Thank you, that is very kind”.

3 Likes

“Hehe, thenks”

3 Likes

I’ve had one or two people who wanted to read more, but I pretty much said something along the lines of, thank you for your interest.

2 Likes

Added some tags :innocent:

1 Like

“Omg! :pleading_face: I’m so glad you like my work, you don’t know how this moves me”

1 Like

dude, um. I recently got told that someone liked my work in a DM on wattpad and I profusely told them how much I loved them. Unprofessional but eventually I got around to saying, “thanks for supporting my work!”
Lol. I really don’t get a lot of comments like that so when people do that it really takes me back and I’m just very appreciative and like loud.

1 Like

I just-

“Thank you”

1 Like

thank you, that really warms my heart :pleading_face:
thank you for your support :revolving_hearts:
ahh, that means a lot to me!!

1 Like

I just say some type of “Thank you” and try to mention how happy I am that people like my work but it’s always a bit awkward because I’m so excited :see_no_evil:

I run and hide from anyone reading my writing. HAHAHA

Also, added tags and moved into a subsection.

2 Likes

i do the closest thing to an irl keysmash and cry to my friends about it sdkjbhdbv

as for responses… despite being a writer, i’m bad at words, so i just reciprocate the energy of the person and thank them

1 Like

BAHAHAHAHA. Loving this.

Same, I just try to reciprocate their energy and hope it comes across how grateful I am

I also save every nice comment I get, whether it’s by screenshotting or bookmarking or anything else, because every single one means so much to me and I also need to cry to my friends about them when they happen

1 Like

I don’t

sameeee
ngl i save a lot of the comments i get from Flav in particular bc kdfhbvhfdbvksdbvks i think the fras may be a lil tired of it

1 Like

Understandable though
I would too if I ever got one from them

1 Like

Honestly.

I got taught to not accept praise and that if i do. Im making soneone else feel bad.

Id kinda just. Run away

Who taught you that? and why?

1 Like

A teacher.

I was good at maths when i was little.

So one of my classmates was struggling with a question. And i said something along the lines of “im good at maths so i can help you”. And the teacher told me not to say that cause its rude and ill make others feel bad.

It was a C of E school if that matters