How do you find the best RP partner for you?

I’ve never had an RP partner before, though I really want to try doing a 1x1 roleplay someday. Finding the best RP partner, for me, has two ways: look in the Find an RP Partner thread for interested RPers or request someone I’m close to here on the forums to do it with me. I’ve tried the former two times, though, and I’ll say I wasn’t successful at all xD so the latter should be best for me, especially because I’m comfortable enough to share my crazy ideas with them and potentially understand them tacitly during the execution

@RPers, how about you?

5 Likes

Trial and error.
And partake in a bunch of rp’s so you can try writing with other players.

4 Likes

my best advice is to first find someone you vibe with out of rp, so communication won’t be an issue
i rarely do 1x1 rps (unless a couple casual lines on dms count) but honestly, having people i vibe with makes it so much easier to advance and develop everything it’s almost natural at this point for me to develop some sort of relationship (platonic, romantic, familial, antagonistic, etc) with my fras’ charas haha

2 Likes

It has to be someone you vibe with and are just generally comfortable with because that makes so much aspects of creating that RP with em soo much easier in just soo many ways. Especially if they’re like someone you can easily bounce ideas with, and you both just have that :sparkles: chemistry :sparkles: that results in some awesome RP plots then bada bing bada boom

2 Likes

Find someone who just works :woman_standing: I didn’t really look, they tend to just happen :sparkles: First you gotta interact in other RPs and find someone who is willing to communicate and make in thought plans and relationships with you. I think over time it gets more easier to work with that person until boom your basically in sync and that’s a new RP buddy you can rely on. Also helps if you and the person look for similar things or want similar things in your RP and stay updated and communicate with each other.

2 Likes

I think something else is to just accept how other people rp, and sometimes try to go along with their style, as much as we want to stay with our own style, trying that of someone else might help us find a new style AND a new friend/partner who we can rp with. But most of all, just TRY PEOPLE OUT.

1 Like

For me, it’s

• someone easy to talk to.
  • someone who’s as sincere as I am about the continuation of the rp.
  • someone’s who’s understands the partner having occasional inspirations blocks and helps with it
  • someone who’s timezone allows both to communicate
1 Like