How do you find your character's fashion?

So, as le title says, how do you choose what kind of :sparkles: fashion sense :sparkles: they have?

To me, it’s usually pretttty obvious ish, and I can pick out the type of outfit they’d vibe with. I just usually don’t because that is a lot of effort lmao and I’m way too picky.

How do you find the type of clothing your character would wear?

6 Likes

It’s pretty easy to understand for me.

Usually by looking at their personality…

1 Like

Just what fits the personality

Or just look up on Pinterest and find things that would look rad on them
Or pictures of the fc, depends if it fits the character

1 Like

THATS MY FAVORITE PART OF CHAR MAKING!!
tbh i base their personalities off their fashion sense now
like if the fits aint fire i aint rping simple as that

1 Like

i have a whole board of patiently waiting chars look
yall can steal idc
but if ppl compliment u tell em it was me :nail_care:

1 Like

I usually just go with outfits that fit the vibe I want my character to have

I usually go with what fits the character and their personality, lifestyle…

yes :eyes:

I just go with the style that I think they might likely vibe to.

1 Like

I just think about what I feel like the character would wear, and what types of outfits fit the situation the character is in.
For example, with Jayden in FTD, I searched for outfits that were casual, simple, and not girly at all. Jayden is definitely a tomboy, so I wanted her clothing to reflect that.

As another example, I have Kai in Blue Royalty, his style tends to be closer to a business casual as his standard instead of a casual. He’s used to an upper class elite lifestyle, and dealing with business an adult would even as a teen. He dresses professionally, ready for the life in the real world beyond the safety net of high school. He’s had to be like an adult before he even was one, which is reflected even in his clothing choices.

Though, I do find it unavoidable to not have some of my own influence onto my characters’ style. Though something may technically be something the character would wear, I find myself looking at it through my own view for whether it looks good. I tend to not have my characters wear more revealing outfits, because I can’t avoid thinking about my personal fashion sense, and how I personally am more uncomfortable by the thought of wearing revealing clothing.

Personally, I just go with the vibe I feel like my character has. some will wear lollipop goth others cotton candy dresses, others flannel or tomboy-ish. I usually have a board for that character’s clothes on Pinterest, just so I can always feel the vibe when needed.

@RPers - how do you guys often find the best fashion choice for your character?

4 Likes

Is it bad that I don’t usually both with character clothing or if I do then I write it out and don’t really use images.

2 Likes

Idk :pleading_face:

I think Pinterest and whatever seems like the character would wear

1 Like

Nah, I’m just too lazy to do that and don’t know all the fashion terms lol

2 Likes

Fashion terms, what are they?

Omg sameee :star_struck:

Agreed

Also, welcome to the forums! :grin: