How do you improve your art? ✨

I usually improve mine by looking at reference pictures for the thing I want to draw and by drawing a lot. I also used to go to an art class which helped me with learning and improving the basics of art. :eyes::sparkles:

So how do you improve your art?
Is there anything you would (not) recommend others to do if they want to improve their art? :eyes::sparkles:

4 Likes

Tracing the outline. It improves your lines and makes them a bit neat, but on the other hand, you need to try making your own outlines or… you’ll probably just get used to tracing and copying outlines. I guess this applies for both. I recommend it but I don’t at the same time, so… hehe.

2 Likes

Doing draw this in your style challenges and drawing fanart helped me improve my art. You get to practice drawing a lot of things you’re not used to normally drawing. Basically, just getting out of your comfort zone.

Don’t trace anything :grinning::hocho:

2 Likes

Try to draw every day and draw things that you like, also you can participate in art challenges. :blue_heart:

1 Like

What would do if someone traces…?

2 Likes

Find the thing they traced from and report them, nothing much to do there.

2 Likes

Try new things and experiment!! Because if you keep doing the same thing over again, you won’t see a difference in your art. That’s what helped me.

2 Likes

Hey, but what about this >>> :hocho::hocho:

1 Like

I don’t know what you’re talking about :grinning: :hocho:

2 Likes

rolls eyes
Seriously?

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

Reference pictures are really important for learning new things, but I think that just getting more practice is the best way to improve your art generally. I think that adding more shading and highlights are really important for making one specific piece look better.

I improve my art by practising. Focus on one thing at a time.

First, I trace and colour pick, then I copy and colour pick, and now I stopped using the colour picking tool. The key is to let go one thing at a time, focus on fewer things can help you improve faster compared to challenge your self to draw an art with high difficulty.

Also, pratise the things you’re bad at. If you’re bad at drawing hands, then focus on drawing hands.

Practice, practice, practice… That’s all you really need to do. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes because that’s how you really learn and get better

Closed due to inactivity