How do you know that you're in love?

It’s really easy for me to start liking someone which makes it difficult to tell if I love someone or they just make me happy. I guess I know I’m in love when I can’t stop thinking about that person, wondering what they are doing, wanting to tell them everything… you can just feel it.

How do you know that you’re in love?

4 Likes

i’m assuming this topic is about romantic feelings. it took me a while to realize i loved someone – it wasn’t healthy though. I realized i loved someone (in an unhealthy way) was when i was willing to do anything and everything for their happiness even if that meant i was losing something, whether that was freedom or control, etc. I’ve never had a romantic healthy love experience, so i’m not sure about that

but you can also love a friend. i’m actually not sure if i love my friends – i’m confused on that part. i think i only know when i love someone is when i’m put in a stressful situation which makes me realize how much they mean to me. other than that, i just appreciate them for being there. maybe i do truly love them – but i always get confused with feelings, especially love. it’s almost like i never know? idk

4 Likes

that’s a question I don’t have an answer to.

1 Like

I’ve never really been in love, so I don’t know. Yes, I had crushes but I don’t call that being in love. I just know what my friends say: Being in love feels like sitting on a cloud with someone else and not needing anything else to be happy

Without wanting to sound too soppy it feels like my heart is whole you know? Like something was missing that’s now been added back :joy:

1 Like

Well I don’t know.

This can result as crush as well.

Maybe being in love is when that person is here for you, knows how to support you, gives you the best advices and maybe that’s the person where you don’t look at beauty but only at his heart and purity.
I don’t know
I might sound filmy

Closed due to inactivity