How do you organise your writing time?

How often do you write?
How many hours do you spend on writing each day?
Are you consistent in writing?

1 Like

I’m not an organized writer. Because of online school, I spend a lot less time writing and more time typing. I am a very messy writer. I write everywhere. My handwriting is rushed and I just write down what I think sometimes too

2 Likes

i dont

1 Like

I dont even if i’m in the writer tag :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Tbh I don’t really organize it. I just do it for fun so I do it when inspiration hits or I feel like it. Which is pretty often unless I’m going through writer’s block. But it’s mostly Episode that I write on now.

How often do you write?
Daily.

I write for a living right now, so I schedule a target word count per day per story. I don’t schedule set times to write, but it’s like a full work day for me plus overtime lol.

How many hours do you spend on writing each day?
I spend probably half the time I’m “writing” procrastinating so it’s hard to say.

Are you consistent in writing?
No. Some days I’ll write 5000+ words. Some days I’ll barely write 1000.

2 Likes

Every day I guess lol

Novel writing: 2-4 days a week
Poetry writing: 2-3 days a week

Depends. If I have the energy for it

Very consistent with my writing, not going to lie.

Bold of you to assume I do :star_struck: but yes, I am one of those people who refuses to know what organization is. I don’t really write on a daily basis because I apparently love procrastination more. I plan to, but I am actually waiting for the right materials (paper—I really don’t want to write on my notebooks for some reason :sob:) for now.

So in short, no-

As much as I’d like to write a little every day, sometimes work makes it very difficult to get anything done, especially when we have deadlines and need to turn things in that take a long time to work on.

I write much better in the morning that I do in the afternoon and night, so on weekends and days off, I make time for writing in the mornings. On days when I’m especially inspired, I might even write during my break or free hours at work.

At least an hour and a half on weekends, and whenever I have energy and feel motivated during the week.

I think I’m more consistent now than I was last year.

Not as often as I should! Though I’m hoping with this new app I can rectify that.

Usually, I organize my writing time by when I get off of work or wake up for the day on my day off. I often write in spurts when I get into the zone for writing. Most times these zones would happen very late at night since I was accustomed to staying up later than I should. That was when I was still in high school though. I would also write in class too. Though none of the teachers got mad at me for doing so. After high school, time for writing became more sporadic. I’ve been trying to find ways to stay organized while I write.

Oof right now, it’s more like once a week or two weeks. A lot happened that caused me to stop writing for a huge amount of time. Though I’m planning to get a plan in order for staying on top of everything.

Consistent? Like do I write off of the same chapter multple sessions in a row? Or Consistent in writing in general? The first one is accurate when I have a firm idea to write from. Otherwise, I will jump from one part of the saga to the next part like flipping the never-ending dime. The last part is technically a no since I’m just now getting back to writing.

Alright, @Writers I wanted to bring everyone’s attention to this discussion thread. I have already responded with my own answers to the questions about how organized I’m not. How about you answer the questions in the highlighted box below!

2 Likes

Closed due to Inactivity.