How much free time does a high school student in your country have?

Academic expectations vary from country to country and this has the potential to impact a student’s free time, especially in high school. How much free time does a high school student in your country have?

@Students

3 Likes

It depends on a lot of factors. A lot of schools are different and you have to think about like jobs and extracurriculars students have. I don’t really think you could measure it unless you literally asked like 1000 people and then did the average lol.

But generally, school days go seven days and on average our school day is 6 and a half hours.

The rest depends. You could probably like look up data numbers.

I’d say though that there isn’t much room for free time if you’re a dedicated student. Or just wanna put in effort in general. Like if you don’t care about homework or schoolwork for some reason then you’d probably have more free time lol. Like, I go to a pretty relaxed school and it always feels like I don’t have any free time when I have plenty.

2 Likes

Lots. Though I’m going by me in school and I was a slacker. HAHA. Teachers generally loved me but I still didn’t really do the work. HA

Depends, but in general not a lot in my opinion. Classes generally are somewhere between 8:10 and 16:00, but usually there are also shorter days, so 6 to 7 hours a school a day on average, which isn’t too much honestly…

It depends on whether there’s upcoming exams or not. Usually students study 2 days before the exam so that takes up time

Also, they’re way more strict with the first and second years, in fourth year you can just not show up to class and be fine

I have no free time :star_struck:
It generally depends on homework, studying and if they have a job. Me, I have ap homework, I don’t study and I work (no free time).

I’m in ASL class right now, I finished my final so I technically have 10 minutes of free time lol

I’m not in high school anymore, but i used to have a half hour to an hour of homework at the most usually and sometimes none, so i had a good amount of free time.

I kept up, but i was not an overachiever haha.

This actually fully depends on the school, they can have different opening and closing times, then it also depends on the student and whether they have after school commitments. But I had a decent amount of free time when I was in high school.

It depends on things like:

1. Are you a slacker or not? Do you study a day before an important exam or every day a lil bit?
  2. Weeks: one week we have classes from 7:30-2pm and then the next week from 2pm-7:30pm (it switches like that every week). So usually when you have classes from 2pm you try to get some sleep and the only free time you have is after 8pm and you have to decide if you’re gonna study/do your homework or just chill/hang out with friends

HS kids here don’t really work so that’s some extra free time

I do think it really depends on the student

When I was in highschool, I didn’t really have a lot of time because I was working towards getting a good college scholarship (hence focusing on extracurriculars, taking AP/DC classes, etc)

If you don’t make an effort like that, however, most students could have a lot of free time. Usually we had class from 8 to 3 but after that, your time was yours.

1 Like