How much narration is too much?

On episode and other writing platforms like that, it’s sometimes difficult to find the right amount of narration. I see this when I review stories that some people just use a lot of narration when they could also just show what happens. But is there a point where it really gets too much?
How much narration is too much?

1 Like

well…my main character is non verbal so a lot of teh story is just them narrating and adding their personal views and stuff
but I still use ‘show don’t tell’ and all of that ofc

I think as long as you try to show things rather than just tell about them, you’ll be alright

2 Likes

This :joy:

3 Likes

OMG YES :rofl:

2 Likes

It becomes too much narration if you describe such simple things you can easily narrate. For example, when it comes to your LI sitting a the same desk as you in workshop class (sorry Talu, but I quit reading Crushing Steele because of the long narration. It’s such a shame too because I was interested in Linclon’s POV on Rosalinda).

2 Likes

I kind of like a lot, a lot of narration :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Give me all those details

1 Like

Depends, narration can be used to create an affect in the story but that’s when it’s used properly, if a story is mostly exposition it’s too much imo.

2 Likes

Closed due to inactivity