How the forum looks to a mod (with screenshots)

Moderators see things differently to all of you so I think it will be a good idea to show you what we see. I cleared all my unreads for this :joy:

I’ll put them all in the hidden bits so you can pick what you want to see :grin: now what I’m not going to show you is stats since there is a thread for that in the regulars lounge :wink:

The section only mods can see

This is the staff section, we use it to schedule threads mainly or to work on threads before we post them, I’ve hidden what the threads are but they’re nothing alarming so don’t worry :joy: I just don’t wanna reveal too much or certain plans may be revealed. :wink:

Where we see flags

In the place where it says review that’s where we see flags and flag history, I won’t show you the inside though since it’s relatively boring and I’m not gonna show the flag history for obvious reasons hehe. The hamburger menu at the top with have a red circle with a number in if we get a flag.

The admin thing you saw on the last screenshot

That’s where we can go to the dashboard and look at stats, as I said earlier I won’t show you the stats, but I will show you this.

How your profiles look

Now if your profile is hidden, mods can still see it. My profile isn’t hidden but I will show you the things on it, they look the same for you too. Notice the bit with the usernotes, that’s where mods can see if you have had a username change or a title change. In some cases, official warnings. Also if system silences you when you first arrive then you will have a usernote but we delete those so you can have a nice fresh start. However, you will see the arrow is pointing at the admin thing, if I go onto that (as I will show you) it will take me to the place where mods change titles/usernames and award badges. Me email is there but that is only for me, I can’t see your emails only my own!

How a thread looks

We have a spanner on the bottom of each thread that gives us a bunch of options, this screenshot features a cameo from @passionfruit’s thread :joy: feel free to ask what each one does in the thread.

What a post looks like

Again this screenshot features a post from @passionfruit (quite the celebrity) feel free to ask what each option does.

If there is anything else you want to see then let me know!

27 Likes

Oooohhhh

4 Likes

Weaw this is really cool!
What is staff color? :joy_cat: And what does it mean when a topic is archived?

3 Likes

I’ll write this post in a staff colour :joy: it’s basically so you can know when something important has happened on a thread for example adding tags or moving it. We also give things staff colours if the people on the thread are breaking rules and we wanna cool things down.

Archiving threads is what we do after we close them, it saves space!

6 Likes

What does a “Crawler” mean?
Sorry if this is off-topic, I’m just curious :joy:

3 Likes

Perfectly on topic :joy: I think a crawler has something to do with search engines like webcrawlers but maybe someone else knows better than me :joy:

4 Likes

You’re right on the money! It’s a type of automated bot that finds things to show up on Google searches and bump them up or down.

It works super weird but that’s essentially the gist.

There are also malicious ones that can kidnap your family for ransom or something. I kid I don’t actually know how the malicious ones work

6 Likes

Amazing, I’ve always wanted to see this!

I’m wondering, what does lock post do?

2 Likes

It stops people from editing it!

4 Likes

What are the “add staff notice” and “grant badge” options for a post?

3 Likes

Granting a badge will give you a badge and I’ll show you a staff notice

5 Likes

the staff notices look cool

4 Likes

It does lol :joy: but we don’t use them much

4 Likes

Use them they’re rad

4 Likes

we should use them more!

when do we use them?

2 Likes

Well someone uses them on the count to 100 before a staff member posts thread

But we can use them if people on a thread are starting to go off topic

5 Likes

woah

1 Like

Ooo, what’s the raddest mod thing in your opinion? :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

4 Likes

Making topics into PMs and setting them to watching for everyone

5 Likes

mostly just a cruel ability

3 Likes