How to create an RP/SG set in a certain era

When making a RP or SG that is set in a specific era it’s important to get the setting right.

Here are some tips that might help:

1. Research
    This is in any case useful. Research is key with everything you do as it makes things easier and more believable. get the information right, the tradition and the setting and you win people over.

6a00e5509ea6a1883401b7c8990b95970b

1. While brainstorming, listen to music that is either from that era or written for that era.
    having music on that sets the tone, helps you get into the mindset. getting into the feeling of the era helps to get

2. watch movies.
    Be careful with this because it’s easily to take ideas and elements over. This could help but also make the idea not your own and people may adapt the idea that it’s like the movie or video you used as inspiration so get dissapointed or confused when you stray away from those ideas.

@RPers, hopefully these tips can help

What are tips you can give others
or what are things you find hard when making an RP/SG or story in a different Era?

2 Likes

You know I actually really appreciate this because for some CRAZY (not so crazy @Madilnel ) reason I have it in my mind that I want to make a Bridgerton RP which will probably require me doing all of those

I’ll watch bridgerton again for the sake of an rp

totally

totally was not going to do that anyways

5 Likes

we legit were just talking about bridgerton in the selection rp chat lol

3 Likes

I mean queen charlotte did just come out :relaxed:

3 Likes

yesssss :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

And I am here for this!!!

4 Likes

Only after Blue Royalty :joy:

then I’ll decide

4 Likes

That’ll be literally forever hahah

4 Likes

:joy:

Maybe before depending on how bored I get in the next 2 - 4 weeks before classes start again

4 Likes

:eyes:
i know it’s not the same but
just yesterday, @pomme and i were talking about missing our Lady Society characters (which, again, is not the same but still similar to Bridgerton) so :eyes:
i’m intrigued

4 Likes

Yeah, I would definitely join the Bridgerton rp, I’m actually surprised one hasn’t been made yet

2 Likes