How to make a Sandwich! (step by step)

It’s funny for me to be writing this thread. Since I worked in the deli at my job for a long time, I made many sandwiches for people. I will offer a few different ways to make some tasty sandwiches. Ironically, I’m eating lunch while working on this thread. Grab all the ingredients you want to place in the sandwich, such as bread, peanut butter, deli meat, cheese, vegetables, and condiments for the sauce.

Normal Sandwich

Step One

Alright, the first thing you need to do is grab two pieces of beard to make the sandwich. Place everything down a clean flat surface, whether it’s a plate, cutting board, or a paper towel. If you are using a non sliced sub bun, then you need to slice it with a serrated kitchen knife. Serrated Blades slice through bread is much easier then non-serrated knives. A standard steak knife/kitchen knife should do nicely. If you are using condiments for both sides of the food, then put your sauce first! If you are only putting it on the top slice, then do this part last, as said in step six.

Make sure when cutting the bread to slice away from your body.

Step Two

For a healthy sandwich, we will go over the deli meat and cheese sandwich. If you do not want cheese, then skip this choice. So when I was making sandwiches, we had to use a quarter of meat. The number of meat slices can range from 2-3 slices depending on the deli meat but put however much you like to eat. Make sure to place the meat flat on the bread fold in half if necessary. If you are using shaved deli meat, then just grab the handful of meat you want an place it down on the bread.

Step Three ~Optional~

Now, I usually put two pieces of cheese on the sandwich. The amount is your choice, but I would not overload the sandwich with too much cheese or meat. If you prefer no cheese, then skip this step.

Step Four ~Optional~

If you have a toaster oven that has a small tray in then, you can use it to make a panini sandwich. I’m not talking about the bread toaster. It’s the mini oven that is called a toaster oven. Before doing so, gently press on the bread before putting it in the mini oven. I would put it in for no more than 30 seconds, depending on what temperature you set the oven to and how quickly it takes to heat up. If by 30 seconds it’s not melted enough or that cooked golden look to it. Most toaster ovens have an open window to watch the sandwich. I would watch it just to be safe. This step is not essential in the main sandwich making guide, but it’s okay if you want to have a warm toasty lunch.

Step Five ~Optional~

Is putting the vegetables on to the sandwich. So I would go ahead with slicing which veggies you want on the sandwich. Please be careful when doing this. It will get a little messy, so I would do this part on a cutting board or a flat surface that the sandwich is not sitting on. You can do this step first or last. It is an optional step as I know people sometimes prefer no veggies.

Move your fingers back every half inch when cutting the veggies to keep your fingers from getting cut.
Step Six

Lastly, this is the last step you will do when making the sandwich. All you need to add is the condiments to the top/bottom of the bread or both sides of your bread. You can arrange from however many sauces you like in any combination. Usually, when I make sandwiches, I place the sauce in a zig formation on the sub bread. If you are using regular bread slices, then go in a spiral or circular structure with the condiments. Boar’s head sauces were the condiments I used in the deli, but you can find the same sauces in any brand. Always wipe the knife off with the dull side facing you!

Good Sauce Combos:

• If you are eating turkey: mustard/deli dressing seasoning mix or mayonnaise/balsamic vinegar
  • If you are eating chicken: Spicy mustard/sweet glaze or honey mustard/hot sauce or chipotle Gourmaise/honey mustard
  • If you are eating beef: Horseradish sauce or Peppercorn Gourmaise or Spicy Mustard
  • If you are eating ham: Spicy Mustard/deli dressing seasoning mix or Peppercorn Gourmaise/deli dressing seasoning mix or Honey mustard/mayonnaise or Honey Mustard/Peppercorn Gourmaise mix

Peanut Butter Sandwich or Peanut Butter/Jelly Sandwich

Step One

You will need a flat surface to make your sandwich on whether it’s a plate, cutting board, or paper towel. You will need 1-2 slices of bread to make the sandwich. Grab a butter knife so you can put the peanut butter or peanut butter/jelly on the sandwich. Grab a paper towel so that you clean the knife when switching from peanut butter and jelly.

Step Two

Now, this part is up to you. If you are making one whole sandwich, use the butter knife to lather on the peanut butter on one or both sides. If you want two half sandwiches, do the same step again, but this time fold both pieces in half after you finish putting the peanut butter on. If you would like to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, then follow this setup. Grab the knife put peanut butter one piece of the bread, then do the same for jelly on the second piece of bread. Make sure to wipe off the blade first before you switch to the jam. You can also make a half peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Just lather both the peanut butter on each half of the slice then fold your sandwich.

Step Three ~Optional~

The last step, this for making your sandwich that you will be eating today. If you like eating the bread with no crust, then use the butter knife to do this part. Also, slice the sandwich in the way you would like to during this step.

Place the peanut butter back in the cabinet and the jelly in the refrigerator. Clean the knife off with the same paper towel again. Do the same if you made a regular deli sandwich as well. Then place the butter knife in the sink. Always wipe the blade off with the dull side facing you! Then proceed to eat your sandwiches.

Veggie Sandwich

Step One

Grab the two slices of bread or uncut sub bun. Proceed to get your veggies ready for the sandwich. Lay everything down on a clean flat surface. Then grab a serrated steak knife to slice the bread. Place sauce first if you are putting it on both sides. Refer to Step six of Normal Sandwich for the technique used to lather the sauce on your sandwich. If you are only placing the sauce on one side, then proceed on to the last part of Step Three below.

Make sure when cutting the bread to slice away from your body.

Step Two

You need to have already grabbed the vegetables or fruit you want on your sandwich. Now, it will be time to cut those ingredients up with the serrated kitchen knife. If there are some bread crumbs on the knife, wipe it off before you proceed on to the vegetables or fruits. Do as instructed in the red writing! If you are going to use jelly, hummus, or guacamole for your sandwich, then lather it on after you clean the knife again. Then place your vegetables or fruits on the sandwich.

Move your fingers back every half inch when cutting the veggies to keep your fingers from getting cut.

Step Three

Clean up your workspace so that you can eat your sandwich. Throw away all the non-useable parts of the veggies then place the usable parts in containers to go into the refrigerator. Do the same thing if you are using fruit. If you use a sauce, then for one side, do this step last.

Then place the knife in the sink once you wiped it off. Always wipe with the dull edge facing you! Proceed to eat your sandwich.

15 Likes

I love peanut butter and grape jelly. But unfortunately I do hate strawberry jelly. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Strawberry jelly is an acquired taste for sure. I like most jellies to be honest.

1 Like

Okay. My family love strawberry jelly too much because I really do think it is bitter.

1 Like

Yeah, I can see where the bitter taste could be off putting. It just depends on what you like.

1 Like

True.

1 Like

Yep!

OMG! This is such a random thread but I love, love, love the detail you go into. HEHE

2 Likes

Where’s the bbq sauce? This thread got a 8/10 no bbq sauce.

Also? Do you cut the sandwich into squares?

4 Likes

Lol, I forgot about the bbq on accident. No, I would cut them similar to that of a subway’s sandwich.

1 Like

Lol thanks, I just saw it on the task list and thought why the hell not.

1 Like

I came here expecting a paragraph sandwich

5 Likes

It would of been a funny topic to make too! :rofl:

3 Likes

Well ima leave that there…that’s my sandwich recipe yeets

2 Likes

Thank you for the contribution then! :joy:

2 Likes

Is this a dare?

3 Likes

Wut?