How To Make Homemade Pizza

Uhh this is gonna be a little bit different than a normal tutorial cuz I usually use a flour packet um… The other recipes I’ve found for this aren’t as good. Using white all purpose flour in my experience makes the dough taste bad/weird.

Here’s the flour packet I use! The packet has directions but I’m just gonna tell you what to do myself lol.

Step 1:
Get the flour packet, olive oil, parchment paper, plastic wrap, desired topics, a cooking tray and a large bowl. If you have those huge cooking bowls (usually used for large salads) then maybe consider using your medium-sized bowl of those lol, nothing too big. But if you don’t, just use the largest bowl you have.

Step 2:
Open the packet and pour the flour into the bowl along with the yeast that should be on the packet. When you’re in the store, check to make sure, it should be a little packet that’s attatched to it. If not, get pizza yeast as well. Mix them up well.

Step 3:
Get a cup and fill it with warm water. The flour packet tells you how much to use, but I’ve used it before and it really isn’t enough usually. Pour some of that water in with the flour and yeast, but not a lot. You’re going to pour it in incriments. Stir the first incriment in with a fork or other utensil, trying to make sure it gets across all the flour.
You’re just kinda gonna have to guess and keep pouring. But it’s important there to not pour too much. You want to make sure that most of the flour is damp so it’s needable, but not soaking wet, and you’re probably not going to need that full cup. If you think you’ve added enough you should stop and start kneeding, you can always add in more later, the trick here is to not add in too much. Because you can’t really go back if you do that.

tip: If you DO add in too much, just add some white flour until its the right consistency. I really don’t recommend this though. The dough will be sticky no matter how much you add and it will taste weird so please please don’t add too much water!

Step 4: Start kneading! I usually kind of repeatedly clump the dough all together until it forms and then keeps pushing it against the bowl, rotating each side. If you can only get some of the flour on it no matter how hard you try, then pick the dough shape you already have up and add a little water to the flour that isn’t combined. Mix that around until it’s relatively moist then try again with the kneading. It should feel kinda like clay. Flour isn’t falling off or anything and it’s relatively smooth. There shouldn’t be many cracks and it should relatively be a smooth-ish circle. I’m bad at describing this.

Step 5:
take it out of the bowl that you kneaded it in and chuck some olive oil in there. A little bit. And spread it around so it coats the sides. Then, chuck your dough baby in there and put some plastic wrap over it. It’s going to need to rise for 45 minutes now, so put it in a warm place for the time being. If you don’t have a warm place it’s probably gonna need longer to rise.

Step 6
Once it’s done rising, preheat your oven to 450.

Step 7:
Get out the tray, and put a sheet of parchment paper on it, then take a handful of dough from your dough baby. Put the rest in a plastic bag and put it in the fridge for later use.
Begin shaping the dough. This dough is kinda gonna be hard to shape. Don’t pull on it too hard or it will tear. I suggest flattening it out in your hands first if it’s a ball. Then once its as flat and stretched as you can get it in your hands without pulling it, put it on the parchment paper and continue shaping that way. It needs to be really thin, thin enough to where you can kinda see light through it. It will rise a lot. If you like thicker pizzas though, you don’t have to worry so much about this.

Step 8:
Once it’s ready, put your desired toppings on it. Then put it into the oven! You can follow the packet’s directions, but I strongly suggest to put it in for 4-6 minutes first, then check on it, if the sides appear slightly browned and the cheese is all melted (possibly the top of the cheese slightly browned too) then it’s ready, if not, set 2-3 more minutes. This way you can control how browned it gets so it doesn’t burn or undercook. It should be done and really good if the bottom is slightly browned and hard. If it’s still a little too soft, put it in the oven again for 2-3 more minutes as desired.

Step 9:
Take it out of the oven and off the tray, careful not to burn yourself and cut it as desired. Then, it’s done! You have pizza!

2 Likes

personally I use either of these recipe

# 1. Pizza dough → Can be frozen after step 5, defrost overnight before use

200℃

prep time → 1-2 hours cook time → 10 -30 mins

Ingredient :

• 650g bread flour
  • 7g easy blend yeast
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 25ml olive oil
  • 50ml warm milk
  • 325ml warm water
  1. Mix flour, yeast and salt
  2. Gradually add water, milk and oil until a soft dough forms
  3. Knead on a well floured surface for about 5 mins until the dough is soft and elastic
  4. Transfer to a clean bowl cover with a damp cloth. Leave to rise for 1 and a half hours or dough doubles in size
  5. When the dough has risen to knock it back (throw on work surface) then knead again until the dough is smooth
  6. Roll into a bowl and set aside for 30 mins to an hour until risen again
  7. Preheat oven
  8. Divide dough into roughly 6 balls
  9. Roll each out on a lightly floured surface
  10. Spread pizza dough over the base
  11. Add a few favourite toppings
  12. Sprinkle with mozzarella
  13. Bake in the oven for 10-12 mins or until bases are firm and crisp + golden brown

2. Alternative → pizza dough :

200℃

Ingredient :

• 450g bread flour
  • 2 sachets of active yeast
  • 1 tbsp caster sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 350ml tepid water (tap temp)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  1. Mix together
  2. Knead for 5 ish minutes
  3. Put in a bowl and cover with cling film
  4. Leave for an hour to rise
  5. Ready to be rolled out, topped and cooked

Tomato sauce for pizza and pasta →

Ingredient :

• 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
  • 1 finely chopped onions
  • 1 crushed clove of garlic
  • 2 tbsp worcester sauce
  • 2tsp balsamic vinegar
  • ½ tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • Salt and grounded pepper to taste
  • *** for pizza*** tomato puree
  1. Fry onion and dried oregano (medium heat recommended) until onions are soft and transparent
  2. Add garlic and cook for another minuet
  3. Add the chopped tomatoes
  4. Followed by all the other ingredients
  5. Simmer for about 30 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly
  6. Taste and season
  7. *** optional *** if you have a food blended put the sauce through the blender on the slowest setting to get an even consistency in the sauce
  8. for pizza add the tomato puree
2 Likes

Oh I would love to try that! :yum:

Today I made pizza on premade dough :joy: The ones you just have to roll out and then you can put your topping on. Very easy if you can’t cook.

We made one with pepperoni and one Hawaii (pineapple and ham). Very delicious :yum: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This makes me very hungry!! I almost never make food but my mom makes excellent pizza!
And I could never do this… I only buy pizza crust, put some ketchup and cheese on it and I have it ready in 5 minutes :joy:

1 Like

So has anyone tried one of the recipes in this thread? How did it turn out? :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

Ketchup?! :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Tomato sauce is not nice :pleading_face:

Ketchup doesn’t make pizza :slightly_smiling_face: you need to find a way to make tomato sauce in a way you like :star_struck: tomato sauce is so diverse bro there are so many ways to make it

Ughhh yes I love making homemade pizzas :weary: It’s so fun and it turns out so delicious.
Although I’ve never made a homemade pizza from scratch with the dough- Imma 100% try it :relieved:

YESSS
Hawaiian pizza is my favorite :weary: :ok_hand:t5:

1 Like

I’ve made homemade pizza a few times, and it has usually turned out pretty well!
The last one I made was a dill pickle pizza. I know… I’m weird. :rofl: :rofl: But it was good.
The only problem I have is that I’m not good at making the crust. It never comes out in a perfect circle.

Closed due to inactivity