How to Make Money From Writing Online in 2020

Originally published at: https://shanniiwrites.com/2020/06/12/how-to-make-money-from-writing-online-in-2020/

It can seem like an uphill battle when you’re trying to make money from your writing online. Here’s a list of the best ways in 2020!

19 Likes

Oh, gosh, there are so many places to write and publish you work. Thank you for enlightening me on their advantages and disadvantages. (wink)

8 Likes

Hehe I’m glad you liked it! Around this time last year, I was trying to find alternative ways to make money from my writing after Episode dropped me – I was close to Writer’s Payments :sob:

Weirdly, though, there isn’t a single resource online that sums up the different fiction writing platforms that pay! I hope people will find this useful!

5 Likes

Yeah, I remember you saying, but it’s there loss at the amazing income your story would have brought for them too.

That’s interesting that no one has done a comparison. At least now there is one, so hopefully that should bring in more search engine searchers. (smirks and rubs hands)

4 Likes

I think there might be a few writers on here who’d benefit from this resource (Tapas does comics too, artists)!

So, I’ll be a little cheeky and tag the @Discussions!

The more reads we get, the better my website does :3

8 Likes

Lord where has this been all my life? There so many different places to write and publish your work. Thank you for this!

2 Likes

I’m glad you like it :3 I always intended to make a resource like this because the info out there sucks!

1 Like

Awesome post Shannii!! :sneezing_face::kissing_heart: Super useful and exactly what any writer (who wants to earn money) to read :+1:

2 Likes

This is was a great and very informative read :+1:
I think another site you could use to make some money on the side as a writer is Fiverr. It’s an online marketplace for freelancers that offers different services to people worldwide . Writing and translations being one of them. It is commision based so you don’t have as much freedom when the subject you will be writing aboit incomparison to Wattpad or Episode, but the site does allow everyone to make money without having to have a certain amount of readers.

6 Likes

I signed up for Tapas, seems like a great place to write!

5 Likes

Tapas is so rad :eyes:

I’ll be using that, hehe

5 Likes

This is really helpful!

3 Likes

Bookmarking! :eyes:

4 Likes

This is really helpful. I’ve sent the link to some of my friends I know would like it :eyes:

6 Likes

Thank you so much! That’s really helpful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I’d like to start writing on Tapas :eyes:

2 Likes

Lemme know if you ever post something on it :eyes:

2 Likes

I didn’t even know these existed! Might sign up to all of them and publish my stories on all. Revenue from that, revenue from there…

I make a bit of money publishing my music on iTunes/Spotify too. It’s really easy.

This is so helpful, thank you Shannii! Do any other @Writers have any opinions on this?

Hey @Bloggers and @Writers, ever wondered how to money from writing online? Take a read of this and tell me what you think!

Remember that if you really enjoyed this blog, feel free to recommend it (it’s similar to liking it). This will help with it being higher in the results of search engines too.

1 Like