How to manage multiple characters at once

Let’s be honest, sometimes you’re in one of those moods where you end up making multiple characters or sigh up to too many rp’s. You’re really excited but you end up having so many characters that you have no idea how to handle them all.

Here are some tips how to manage characters.

1. Plan them in.
    If you have a lot of characters it can help to give yourself a schedule for them.
    Exp: I have 5 characters in one rp.
    I will play with Character A and B on day 1 and 4, Character C and D on day 2 and 5 and Character E as well as any extra on the other days.

It will give the players that are in conversation with your character stability and something to look forward to because they know when to expect your post.

2. Be aware of the other players.
    When you have a lot of characters, you run the risk of having your character be paused for a long time. This can be annoying or boring to the people you’re playing with, so be aware of the type of people they are and if you think they are some that enjoy faster interaction, see if you can sneak in an extra post for them.

3. KNOW YOUR LIMITS and remove one if needed
    it will only make you lose interest if you are so busy juggling your character that you’re not even having fun. I recommend you try out how long you can keep up, but if it’s too much, see which character offers the most interaction and that you find the most interesting to keep.
    It’s okay to drop a character if you can’t keep up.

@RPers any more tips on how to juggle your characters?

6 Likes

What rps have u done this in?

2 Likes

I know my limits so I know not to do more than 5 characters in one rp.

but I think at one point I had 30+ characters spread over like 7 rp’s and so I really needed this to not lose track. I need to do it now as well since I’ve noticed I keep forgetting to respond to some posts when I’m not in the best mood.

Which is unfair to those who are waiting.

4 Likes

Hmmm…true

1 Like

but different things work for different people, which is why it’s always a good thing to share your ways, so people might be able to use them to improve their own way of managing :wink:

1 Like

Yeah :sweat_smile:sometimes people need help remembering thrings

2 Likes

I think I have eight in FTD.

2 Likes

@Skyler2 and @CrazyCaliope have at LEAST 30 combined

4 Likes

I could never do that.

1 Like

try the bookmarks. you can make it that it gives you a reminder :wink:

1 Like

Yus

1 Like

Love this. Nice load of tips.

I only have 20 in FTD

2 Likes

‘only’

2 Likes

^^^ key word

2 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes

… combined?
Girl, I have 30 ALONE

2 Likes

see! there was a 30 somewhere!

2 Likes

You make schedules?!
Wow!

I just… idk RP as them when I feel like it
:woman_shrugging:t2:

Yes, Bex is right, ‘only’ is the key word. (wink)

Not yet you don’t. And with reserves, you told me a few days ago that you’re in the 20s, not 30s.

2 Likes

do NPC’s count? :thinking:
just for everyone who wants to count how many they have atm.

1 Like