How to not feel tired after not sleeping enough

Alrighty then! I’m sure we have all been there when we went to bed too late or something wasn’t allowing us to sleep properly meaning we are all groggy the next day!

Tip 1: Stay hydrated

Water helps our bodies to stay fresh and healthy, pretty much all health advice on this has “stay hydrated” written somewhere and it does help. If I don’t sleep enough I get bad headaches which water helps with so maybe it will help you.

Tip 2: Avoid Caffiene and energy drinks

While they may give you a short boost of energy after a while you won’t feel good. Drinking too much caffiene is bad for your heart. If you are sleep deprived it will only make you feel worse. Especially since it may hinder you falling back asleep afterwards.

Tip 3: Splash your face with water or even just take a shower

This always helps me! It makes me feel refreshed and it’s good to get that sleep dirt out of your eyes! If you are in a rush to get to work/school. That’s when I suggest splashing your face and having a quick wash.

Tip 4: Try to keep the air cool/fresh

Whether it is by opening a window or going for a walk outside allow the fresh air to move through you and breathe it in. Allow your body to wake up. If you keep the temperature too stuffy or sweaty/humid you’ll just feel more groggy or drowsy. Using a fan or air conditioner helps too. Just keep a cycle of air going.

7 Likes

Eyemazing tips :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:
I could have used them yesterday :crying_cat_face::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

That’s the question I ask myself almost every day…
I didn’t know I should avoid energy drinks wow. Does anyone have more tips? :eyes:

These are good tips!
Lately, I’ve been feeling tired and low on energy, so I’m going to try these. :sunflower: :coffee: :sparkles: :yellow_heart:
I usually only drink one or two coffees a day… but there are people who drink, like five. :grimacing: :grimacing:

#sleep tag added :innocent:

Another tip: simplify your day if you can

1 Like

This might be considerd cheating , but taking a power nap will help with this as well :eyes:

1 Like

Cold things are refreshing keep that in mind

:sparkles: caffeine to the rescue :sparkles:

Ohh yeah these definitely do work.
Sometimes I just do a few exercises and it helps me feel refreshed throughout the day.

I’d love to see a guide on how to improve your sleeping pattern! I find that I often sleep later and later and then it’s really hard to correct that if I don’t just deprive myself of sleep for a day

1 Like

I’m an anxious little muffin who can’t really have too much caffeine cuz it’s made me feel weird and on edge. It’s an effort to not sleep in till 3. And tbh I don’t really know. Cuz whenever I wake up kind of early I end up talking a nap because I can’t keep my eyes open.
But if you’re talking getting up in the morning then I think just getting out of bed helps.

Closed due to inactivity