How to survive on hot summer days

Many countries all over the world have had record-breaking temperatures this summer and it seems like the heat is unavoidable. Here are some tips for how to survive on hot summer days:

• If you have one, go down to your basement. Cold air falls, so the basement usually ends up being the coldest part of your house
  • Try to keep the lights off as much as possible - lightbulbs generate heat
  • Drink lots of water - when it’s hot, you sweat more than you normally would so drinking lots of water will keep you from getting dehydrated
  • If you can, eat ice cream or another cold treat - it’s a great way to cool yourself down!

If you have any more tips, feel free to share them!

8 Likes

Suffer in silence and come cry with me
Tears wet your face water is good

4 Likes

I usually end up crying on really hot days. Mostly because I overheat very easily and then the littlest things push me over the edge.

4 Likes

I can’t stand heat like fr I barely function
and I practically live in an inferno I hate it

2 Likes

•move to Antarctica, it really works :eyes::eyes::green_heart:

4 Likes

I just don’t go out haha I can’t stand being hot, I don’t feel well and I get headaches. I have to have my ac on all day. Even when I’m sleeping.

4 Likes

I’m in👀

1 Like

Same, I get migraines if I stand under the hot sun. In the house where I used to live, I had to have the AC on all the time, from March until August.

The good thing about living on the second floor of a four-story apartment building is that it never gets too hot in my house. And when it does get hot, I only have to turn on the fan and open the windows (they have screens so mosquitoes can’t come in).

3 Likes

Just put cold water on your neck, it actually works :eyes:

and b!tches I live in freakin California you don’t know what I have to go through :sob:

2 Likes

My home :star_struck::antarctica:

1 Like
  • Take out ice cubes and stuff them in your shirt, assuming you’re wearing one. If not, then pants.
  • Turn down your AC to the lowest temperature, and remember to set the mode to cool. Don’t make the same mistake I did, check the modes :star_struck:
  • Become fire itself in 3 easy steps
2 Likes

To add to that, soaking a buff or towel in cold water and then putting it around your neck also helps

2 Likes

#how-to and #summer added :innocent:

1 Like

cry
go swimming
take cold shower and let all the water evaporate off of you
if you have long hair, get it wet, it helps a ton

1 Like

As someone who lives in Southern California, I have some tips.

1. Take a cold shower, it feels so nice
  2. Get the back of your neck wet, it cools your whole body
  3. Go swimming/to the beach
  4. Drink lemonade/iced tea/any cold drink
  5. Don’t eat warm food
  6. Wear deodorant/antiperspirant

Being hot in the summer is the worst feeling in the world, like you feel sticky and gross and like you want to die, but I hope my tips can help some people :eyes:

@Discussions any more tips?

3 Likes

Sit in an air-conditioned room.
Apply oil (coconut something) and massage your scalp.
Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated.

1 Like

Say
I am cold now… Cold… Yes… I… Cold…
And you’re cold no more hot :100:
Work 10% according to nasa

I live on an island in a tropical country, so I deal with extreme heat almost every day. Here’s what I usually do when the heat is too much for me to handle:

1. Wear cotton clothing. Cotton is ideal under warm temperatures because it makes your body feel cool.
  2. Stay in an air-conditioned room. Better if you use an energy-efficient air conditioner because it not only helps the environment, but it is also more efficient in maintaining the cold temperature. Also make sure to clean your AC regularly
  3. Take a shower using cold water. Do not use hot water because this will only make you feel hotter. I usually shower twice a day when it’s too hot.
  4. Eat or drink something cold, like ice cream or cold water.
  5. If you want to save electricity, then seek shade under a big tree from time-to-time. It’s usually cool when down from a big tree. Planting a big tree on your backyard can help in cooling down your area, especially when you live in a hot country.

Closed due to inactivity