How to survive your first night in minecraft (survival mode)

Starting location - spawn point (coastal village for me) bonus chest is on so is starting map inside

bonus chest (not many people use the bonus chest- personally if you are getting used to the game it’s a good thing to start with since it give you a few sticks, food items and wood.)

How to survive your first night

1. Big a hole to hide from mobs (monsters like zombies, skeletons endermen. )
  2. Find a tree and cut down the tree.
  3. Open inventory to make wood planks by putting one block of wood log into one of the 4 squares next to your person.
  4. Keep inventory make wood planks b
  5. Make a crafting table using some wood planks

1. Make a wood pickaxe or axe. (axes are quicker at chopping trees down, pickaxes are good for mining for cobblestone iron diamonds and other gems.)
3 Likes

I always do this, lol.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the strategy is:

1. Dig a hole 3 blocks deep
  2. Place a dirt block on top of you
  3. Wait
  4. Mine block on top of you
  5. See it’s still night
  6. Cover yourself
  7. Wait
  8. Check again in the middle of the day cause you waited too long and escape your dirt prison
2 Likes

I wish I could get Minecraft, but it costs money :((

1 Like

Where are the Minecraft forum users at, @Gamers?

I’ve only played Minecraft once before and I didn’t really get into it. Although I find it’s one those games that I much prefer sitting down for hours and watching someone play.

2 Likes

Added gaming tag :sunglasses:

1 Like

I tend to run around a lot so I never stay at the same time, but what I do is to get the necessary materials (weapons, foods, etc.) So like wood for sticks and crafting table, also for furnace if you don’t have coals yet, lots of stones for furnace and stone tools. What I do then is

• If I get lucky, I find a village and sleep for the night (part of the eason why I just run around a lot)
  • If extremely unfortunate, I light up my surroundings (minimize monsterssss, properly lit up place prevents mob spawn) and elevate with blocks so monsters can’t reach me and stay until morning
  • find three sheeps for wool to make bed
  • or if you’re brave, continue to run around and terrorize the world-

Also you can just build a small hut if you want (I don’t do that for some reason) and gather resources, that would definitely be a good way to start your world.

Honestly, you can do whatever yi want. to survive, you just need the right resources and tools and equipments.

and make sure not to stare at an enderman because I died on my first day in that one world because of that :’))~~

Oh so the strategy isn’t just walking round aimlessly and get lost then super die alot? :joy:

Closed due to inactivity