Hypertonia Awareness

Well, I’m back with another thread. My stupid legs are acting up, and I got soaked, and I’m just all around pi$$ed. Anyway…Hypertonia is a muscle condition, where the muscle has too much tone, making it stiff and hard to move. Imagine tightening a guitar string too much and trying to play. That’s pretty much Hypertonia. What do you guys think? Any remidies for the pain? @Discussions

8 Likes

Added a few tags :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Small small bump!

Thanks! Any questions?

1 Like

Honestly, what does I feel like?

1 Like

Well, I have trouble walking, and sometimes my legs hurt for no reason, and when I mean hurt, I mean it. Sometimes it gets so bad that I can’t sleep. Also, you know when your legs hurt when you walk too much? That happens to me really quickly. Another thing…my knee pops.

1 Like

Aw! I’m sorry that happens to you. I wish I could stop that.

1 Like

I probably could get surgery, but honestly, I’ve already had nine…I don’t really want any more that aren’t absolutely necessary.

1 Like

Sometimes it just flares up and makes me want to saw my legs off.

I actually took two ibuprofen last night so I could sleep…you know it’s bad when you have to take pills just to sleep.

Well, everything’s ok for now.

Oh my god, I want the pain gone. I just took a hot bath, si why are my legs killing me?! Someone shoot me.

@Health, what do you guys think?

1 Like

Walking is a pain in the butt.

I have fibromyalgia and chronic arthritis which is very similar (but not the same) and I find that the over the counter cannabis oil helps take off the edge and reduce inflammation. I guess your condition has some sort of muscle inflammation.

Eat anti inflammatory foods like chicken helps. Also if you really have bad days there are a few anti inflammatory pain killers (don’t use ibuprofen if you have asthma). Another anti anti inflammatory tablet is called codine (I think that’s what it’s called can’t remember, correct me if I’m wrong) and it’s safe for asthmatics to use.

And finally the non conventional treatment. Yoga. Stretch those muscles and relax them. Hot baths help too. Maybe put some Epson salt in the bath too.

Hope it helps xx

1 Like

It’s not inflammation, actually. Yoga is painful, but hot baths do help.

1 Like

Do you have to stretch often? I imagine you do

1 Like

I really should stretch, but I don’t.

1 Like

I’d probably pull something.