Hypoglycemia awareness

Hey guys! Ouija back with another thread on health issues I have. I don’t exactly have Hypoglycemia, I just get episodes from time to time, which happens to be now. This happens when I have low amounts of blood sugar and get highly alert, jittery and my legs become shaky. Worst case scenario is fainting, coma and death. I’m literally shaking now. Luckily, we’re eating in about thirty minutes to an hour, so I’ll be ok.

8 Likes

I usually just go and eat a cheesestick, but it’s close to dinner, so I’m sucking on a hard carmel.

3 Likes

F*ck, my legs feel like jelly right now.

Bump! Be AWARE

1 Like

Thank you!

I know one of my friends has Hypoglycemia but she’s pretty good at keeping it under control. Apparently it’s also pretty common for teenagers to get episodes of it during puberty? :thinking:

1 Like

Interesting. I was unaware of that.

1 Like

I haven’t had anymore episodes, but my good friend also has it, and apparently theirs is worse, as in they can actually pass out, which has yet to happen to me. Honestly, this morbid part of myself wants to let it run its course just to see what happens. You know, that deadly curiosity that nags in the back of your mind?

Still no more episodes, thank god. They’re really annoying.

Ok, now I’m being hit like a brick. I need to eat something, but I’m really hot and shaky. I’m scared to walk downstairs.

Welp. My friend passed out. Luckily, our other friend and I were there, and my other friend who was sitting near them was able to get them into a chair. Then when they were better, they checked my levels, and I was at a 68, and the lowest level that’s ok is a 70.

1 Like

News flash. Apparently cheese doesn’t help.

1 Like

I heard about this!
it sounds extremelt scary to experience

OUIJA R U OKAY?! O.o

1 Like

Yeah

1 Like

good :triumph:

Correct me if I’m wrong. Can it cause death if your sugar stays at a low level for long periods of time?

1 Like

Yep. My friend passed out. Just crumpled.

1 Like

Oooh hope they’re ok

1 Like

Oh, they’re fine. We got them food, and they recovered.