I applied for writer's access on Tales... and got approved!

Heyy everyone! :smiley_cat:
I submitted a story pitch on Tales about a month ago and thought they already forgot about me. Now I just received an email from them, telling me that my story got approved! I’m now a writer on Tales! :partying_face:

Well, this is super exciting for me because I know almost nothing about Tales and the writer’s portal looks a bit complicated right now, but I’ve got the story worked out already and I’m planning on taking it slow on Tales, no rushing and no publishing before I don’t have a bunch of episodes ready :smile_cat:

Now I wonder if anyone would be interested in me posting updates here about the whole process of writing on Tales? :thinking:
It might be interesting since they don’t let everyone write on their platform. Maybe I can also help some of you get writer’s access!

So, would you be interested in updates about my experience with writing on Tales?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

4 Likes

Eyyy well done on getting access :sunglasses:

1 Like

1 Like

What’s Tales? Screenshots? @Rainbow

1 Like

It’s an app for stories, interactive and not-interactive stories!

1 Like

Is it still only on iOS or have they made it available for Android too? :eyes:

1 Like

Well, right now, I can say it’s very overwhelming :sweat_smile: There’re so many guides to read, so many examples to look at and sooooooooo much I have to watch out for. If I understood correctly, they want me to get the first episode out within one month after getting approved. But writers can email them to get a longer period. I’m glad I’m only adapting one of my already finished stories :sweat_smile:
The community seems very focused on what they’re doing but they try to help as much as the can!

Yes! But you can sign up for early-access to the Android version :smile_cat:

2 Likes

I guess some people are interested in updates, so I’ll try to do this whenever it comes to my mind :smile_cat:

Right now, I’m kind of worried about all of this, because it seems so difficult. I mean, I was glad when I stopped writing on Episode because I didn’t have to think about all the directing anymore. And Dorian is really simple. But Tales is a whole new level :sweat_smile: I’ll try to learn everything before really getting into writing. And I think it’s better to get my story into a good format first before starting the coding. So I’ll write the episodes and then add all the codes in the Tales creator.
I kind of wish I could read some stories on my phone but it doesn’t work on Android yet and they’re not giving me early access.

1 Like

I decided to first write the script and then do all the coding, because it still looks very complicated to me :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The script for the first episode is done, coding still annoys my head and the Tales Creator (writing portal) sometimes takes ages to load :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve heard of Tales, but what is it like to write on Tales?

1 Like

More complicated than episode but you can do soooo much more because they have more art and more options for coding scenes.

1 Like

:woman_facepalming: I feel overwhelmed by how much there is to learn about coding.

It seems like everything is possible on Tales, as long as you know how to do it. They give you everything (well, no real animations but that’s just not their style) and you need to figure out how to use it. You can even request extra stuff, as much as you want/need!

Well, I haven’t done much for this story yet. I had a problem with the code and it got really complicated. People on Tales helped me but it still kinda destroyed my motivation. I realised that writing on Tales is something I can’t do while being busy with university and other stuff :sweat_smile: Hopefully I can focus on this once my summer holidays start.

Closed due to inactivity