I Don't Understand Sterotypes. Help!

So apparently it’s a sterotype for guy dudes to like “white girl music” like Taylor Swift. But the problem is, by that logic, lesbians should like “black man music” but somehow I see less jokes about lesbians liking NWA than I do about gay dudes liking Britney Spears.

Explain to me why lesbian music isn’t gangster rap, please.

3 Likes

Uhhhhh. People have their own taste in music. It doesn’t matter who likes who. Music is music. I don’t know really about lesbian music but it all depends on the singer/artist and their music. :thinking:

2 Likes

I understand that, but it’s weird that some people think that a man liking certain types of music is a reflection of their sexuality.

2 Likes

Same here. It’s confusing. :woman_facepalming:t4: What the hell does any type of music has to deal with your sexuality?

2 Likes

There are people in this world who will tell you that “Mother Mother” is enby music and “Florence and the Machine” is lesbian music.

2 Likes

Oh gawd :woman_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

I wonder if that stereotype began with that one guy defending Britney Spears back in the day “leave Britney alone! she’s a person!”

1 Like

sterotyes isnt logical, they are stereotypes, which often are used to hurt, ridicule and make less of someone, arent made to be logical, to make sense be fair, or have an opisite. they are just meant to create a wall between people

1 Like