I Lied! One More Announcement About Blog Posts

Hi Everyone!

I know I said the last announcement was the final one, but I lied. This is the last one xD

Bascially, I want to remind you that you are welcome to write your own blog posts on the ShanniiWrites Website! This will help you if you need proof that you write for blogs (if you want a blogging career in the future). Plus, if you want exposure from that, too!

Here are the instructions:

1. Create an account on the ShanniiWrites Website
  2. Fill in the profile! Add as much detail as you can, including social media that people can follow you on.
  3. Press “Write” in the top menu.
  4. Write a blog post.
  5. Include featured art for the blog post (go to the little editing button – the square with the pen in it on the right of “preview”.
  6. Add categories and tags.
  7. Submit for review!

If it fits the theme of the ShanniiWrites Website, I will allow it to go on the main page! Otherwise, I will just check to make sure that the post is pg-13 and it can go on your personal profile page.

The things I look for on the main page:

• Writing Tips
  • Suggestions for new stories
  • Episode directing tips
  • Diversity information
  • How to write about specific minority groups
  • Story tropes
  • Reviews of stories
  • How to market a story
  • How to get more reads
  • Analysis of films, TV shows, anime, manga, books, etc

This is just a guide! Anything that you think is linked to these topics will probably be ok!

I would also like to remind you that each user has their own feed! Please feel free to update your feed when you have a new chapter of your story on another platform! Include a link! :wink: I wanna turn the ShanniiWrites Website into a place that supports all of our resident creators! Whether you’re an artist or a writer!

@Announcements

27 Likes

Of course, the posts have to be good quality and not copying anything that’s already there! That means good spelling, no misinformation/disinformation, one link to another post, one link to another website! No copyright infringement! If you want to quote another writer, make sure you use quotation marks and then link the source!

Also, posts should be at least 300 words! And make sure you add headings :wink: Google likes it when there is a heading every 300 words max.

I will not post anything containing hate speech or demonising a minority group.

5 Likes

Hmmm…maybe.

Is there a blog post on Autism already?

Nope!

1 Like

Remember that the more you write, the more you help the Forums stay around, too! The ad revenue can give us a little money! One ad every 2 headings!

2 Likes

Ok. So, I have it myself, what if I don’t link a website because I already know all the Information? (I’m still going to use a website, I’m just curious if we have to.)

2 Likes

Linking other websites is more to show you can back up what you’re saying, rather than research for you. It’s more like “I know because this credible website says so, too!” Also, you can use it if you use a random term in passing. For example, in one of my blog posts, I mentioned the Dunning-Krueger effect. Rather than go off-topic to explain what that means, I just highlighted the words “Dunning-Krueger effect” and created a link to a website that explains it better. Linking shows people that you can be trusted!

2 Likes

Right, That makes sense! I just need to not use the AutismSpeaks website. -_-

1 Like

Also, if you say something like “trans women are more likely to be the victims of violence than the perpetrators”, you’d wanna link a study to show that you’re right

1 Like

Yes, exactly.

Is it no good? :grimacing:

1 Like

I’m thinking of writing one for trigger warnings :eyes:

2 Likes

Jesus Christ…they want to “cure” autism. Have you heard of the bleach “cure”?

1 Like

I already have a thread on that here

2 Likes

This sounds fun.

1 Like

That would be super useful! :smiley:

Maybe some of the @Artists might even want to produce trigger warning backgrounds for Episode Stories , RPs on here and such? I can give them permission to add docs!

7 Likes

Watch this.
1 Like

Or, you know, link your DeviantArt or Ko-Fi where you sell those art pieces for cheap!

Ooh yesss will deifnitely consider this!

1 Like