I need an opinion on this

so I’m feeling in the mood to write some stuff, tell me if this story idea sounds dumb.

So basically its about a girl who lives in europe somewhere (im thinking venice) and accidentally stumbles through a portal to an alternative dimension where people have elemental powers based on their surroundings (she would be water because… venice) and the story is about her finding new people and meeting some who that she knew from her dimension.

basically the two dimensions would be linked together, so people could freely pass between and everyone in the magic dimension would know of the normal one, but not vice versa…

would you mind answering a few questions?

1. Does this sound a bit cliche?
  2. Should i do it as a wattpad or episode story?
  3. Would you be interested in it?
7 Likes

It doesn’t sound cliche
I don’t use wattpad, so Episode plz
Yea, I’d be interested :smile:

1 Like

:smiley:

Only problem with using episode is all the coding i would have to do… :no_mouth:

1 Like

Then use wattypaddy

Whatever is easy for youuuuu

2 Likes

I don’t use wattpad,

you should give it a shot! there are some really awesome stories on there

2 Likes

I didn’t have a chance to reply in the staff chat yet, but I like the idea a lot!

Maybe a little bit, but cliches aren’t bad as long as you give it a twist, and I think that’s what you are doing.

Hmm, idk, for some reason I see this as a wattpad story, just because it will take a lot of effort to create the world in a visible way, while it’s easier if it’s just text.

Yes, I would be interested in it!

2 Likes

I like the premise, but what’s the actual storyline? You’ve done the worldbuilding, but what would the beginning, middle and end be?

Be careful not to get so caught up in the cooler worldbuilding elements of the story that you forget to give it a plot!

3 Likes

I’m not sure yet… it was a random idea i had and I’m wondering if it sounds worth the time it takes to write a story

2 Likes

My advice: you have a great world! Take a little time to come up with the conflict and resolution, i.e. the thing that goes wrong and then how they solve it. Then when you have that, post it here so we can have a look!

2 Likes

hmmmmm, okay. I’ll be back in a wee while

1 Like

It sounds like a good story so far.

It sounds like a cliche, but I think it’s because maybe what you wrote is not the storyline itself. It seems to me like you only wrote the story’s beginning.

So think of the storyline and how to write it.

1 Like

it seems hard to do this with Episode. This is def. not cliche but im curious to see how this would turn out. The last part seems a lot like the Land of Stories. Everyone in the land of stories knew about the normal world, but the normal world did not know about the land of stories

1 Like

it has potential

1 Like

I’ve never heard of “The Land Of Stories” :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, what I have so far is more about the world than the story itself

you should read it, its a good book

1 Like

so ive got a little bit more for you guys

So, ___ is in a new dimension, surrounded by natural landmarks that she almost recognises. She meets a person who is really popular in the normal, and so she tries to be their friend (not realising its the same person). The person ditches her and then the rest of the book is about ____ trying to get home, because you can only enter the normal at the exact spot from which you left it

It will make a great story.

Can’t wait to see what else you come up with :smiley:

1 Like

whilst i got you here, will you be the priest of my wedding?

2 Likes