< idiot teens with a deathwish. > | Sign-Ups & Chat

sure! anywhere you think they might know each other from, like clubs or electives, or is this the first time they’re interacting?

2 Likes

felt that :sob: :raised_hand:

2 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate the compliment. Yours is ten times better than mine though. :smile::raised_hands:

Below is how I imagine each character would interact with mine.

Carmen Liu: The Dynamic Synergy

I imagine that Carmen and Nate’s relationship is built on how well they complement each other’s strengths and weaknesses, and their relationship thrives on a sense of dynamism. I can see Carmen and Nate meeting from a school project where they first notice how they complement each other. Nate would be drawn to Carmen’s calm attitude and how good she was at leading the project. As they interact more and more on the project Nate felt peace in Carmen’s presence. I can also see Carmen always starting the conversation, asking personal questions to undermine Nate’s hidden personality. While Nate also tries to assess Carmen’s character.

Halia: Eclipse

Eclipse: The sun and Moon perfectly align. Would most likely represent Halia’s and Nathaniel’s friendship. Halia would be like the sun with her vibrant and positive personality, while Nathaniel being the moon. He would be that sense of mystery and depth to Halia’s world. Their relationship would most likely start as kids always being in the same class. And due to Halia’s nature, they would be quick in becoming friends with Nate.

Scarlett: The Clash of Titans

High school debate classes are known for their lively discussions and heated arguments… providing the perfect clash of two titans. The topic was most likely controversial that stirred multiple different arguments. Nate with his analytical approach went for a well-structured argument, that relied on facts and logical reasoning. On the other hand, Scarlett, fueled by her fiery nature and quick wit, embraced a passionate and emotional argument. She wanted to appeal to the audience’s emotions. Using animated gestures and her talent to command attention. Nate loves being right, and this is the first time he was challenged, and Nate considered Scarlett’s approach to be driven by emotion rather than facts. Scarlett saw Nate’s approach as dry and devoid of passion. Due to this first encounter, they avoided each other, only engaging in snarky remarks or sarcastic banter when they do cross paths. Nate viewed Scarlett as impulsive and irrational, dismissing her arguments as mere theatrics. Scarlett, in turn, saw Nate as overly analytical and detached from the human element of the issues at hand.

Camlyn: The Moral Compass

Funny enough I can see Camlyn also in this debate class. The fact is Camlyn would approach debates from an ethical standpoint, questioning the moral implications of the arguments presented. They looked at a middle point between logic and compassion. They notice the weaknesses of both Scarlett and Nate’s claims and interject to provide their piece. Nate sees this as unnecessary and a distraction but still acknowledges Camlyn’s thoughtful points. Scarlett would probably appreciate Camlyn’s perspective a lot more, finding comfort that someone also challenged the status quo. Now I imagine Camlyn meeting Nate again outside of school. Camlyn might be engrossed in a book, sitting on a bench, reading something that made them lost to the outside world. Nate would be near Camlyn, most likely practicing his surveillance skills when he recognized them from debate class. Nate already interested in Camlyn’s perspective would strike up a conversation. They both get engaged in the conversation, which started with literature fostered into a deeper conversation.

Fifi: Dreamweavers

Dreams. Fifi and Nate would live in the same neighborhood, their first-ever interaction also being at a park. Fifi being the dreamer they were would be on a swing, their feet kicking back and forth, lost in a dream. Nate would be at a nearby bench, alone reading. Nate would notice Fifi’s dream state and approach them, wondering what world they were currently in. Fifi would tell some crazy story and Nate would be intrigued asking more and more questions about Fifi’s daydream. Throughout their childhood they would continue to cultivate a unique bond, weaving together a friendship of ideas, hope, and support for each other. Fifi would be the reason Nate finds his purpose in life, the reason Nate believes in his dreams.

Josias: Silent Respect

Josias probably already knows Nate from Fifi, and they may or may not share an unspoken but mutual respect for one another. Their first interaction would probably be Josias doing something sports-like, or a community event. Josias would be doing some type of activity, and he would obviously win. Nate would be watching and give a subtle nod to Josias, recognizing Josias’s dedication and determination.

Hayden: Opposing Forces

Similar to Scarlett, Hayden, and Nate wouldn’t be on good terms. Their first interaction would most likely be in high school years, Nate would be practicing his stealth skills on a dark day. Hayden would be armed with his camera looking for a good spot to take photos, that spot would be where Nate was hiding. This first interaction would be marked by tension and conflict. Nate would be startled by Hayden, leading him to take an instinctively defensive mode. Hayden would disrupt the delicate situation, taking photos and asking tons of questions. Hayden’s persistent nature and inability to respect boundaries clashed with Nathaniel’s guarded and secretive demeanor. Hayden and Nate’s relationship then forward would be marred by suspicion and hostility.

Jamie: Friction

First expressions are everything and Jamie/Nate’s was the worse. Jamie and Nate just didn’t click, they were put to work on a class project and their approaches were miles apart. Jamie’s strange behavior and refusal to accept societal norms didn’t help. Jamie would have a nonchalant attitude towards deadlines and a tendency to go off on tangents. And with Nate already failing in class this project was the only thing keeping him from being kicked out of school. Jamie found Nathaniel too rigid and overly serious, while Nathaniel saw Jamie as unreliable and lacking dedication. They would never work together.

If anybody is interested in these pre-existing relationships let me know before I write my first post.
Edit: ^ Also if anybody would be interested in having a conversation with Nate

5 Likes

Actually, Jamie is pretty rigid themselves. If they have a project, they get it done.

1 Like

I don’t think they could’ve met yet, probably strangers

2 Likes

YES HAYDEN :sob:

1 Like

Lol, they just hate everyone.

1 Like

yes please!!
I could send either of the twins with Nate!

1 Like

Ooh this would be pretty interesting!

In debates, I don’t think Scarlett would have the patience to argue something. She’d probably get angry fast and refuse to admit when she’s wrong, so Nate would just be wasting his time trying. She won’t be convinced, she’ll just stick to her opinions, which aren’t at all influenced by logic or passion. Just her random thoughts she didn’t think twice before saying lol

(Assuming she shows up to class)

3 Likes

Also putting this here in case I lose it later

1 Like

Good to know, I will edit it.

Please send Fifi.

Icic how do you think their first interaction would go?

3 Likes

Got it solutes
Shall I post first?

1 Like

If you don’t mind go ahead.

1 Like

on it!!

How they met? Or

1 Like

Yeah, they’re very determined and would probably only speak to Nate when necessary while working. If he really wanted to talk to them, they might engage a little more.

2 Likes

Yeah

@phnx How do I make a fancy lil image or do color text, it’s been awhile.

3 Likes

I think a debate class is definitely possible (though they’re a year apart, they could be in the same class?)

Scarlett would be under the impression that he’s just someone obsessed with his grades/school, kinda reminding her of her past self? I don’t see her having a lot of respect for him, and I assume he won’t respect her either. Considering she won’t take the debate seriously

2 Likes

I think most people use Pixlr or photoshop, or maybe ibis paint for images? you can use to color text with BBcode c:

3 Likes

Most debate classes are open for students of any age level since it’s considered an elective.

Okay, that would work. They would first meet in debate class, and she wouldn’t take it seriously. Nate takes it too seriously and gets annoyed that Scarlett isn’t.

2 Likes