If given the chance, would you physically meet your forum friends?

As our time extended here on the forums, we’ve grown closer to some of the users and made great friends through this journey. It got me thinking—if given the chance, would I be willing to meet them personally someday?

The answer is yes, I’m willing. I really want to meet some of my forum friends on here, because, well, they’re my friends xD but because I’m an awkward introvert, it just might not go well but at least I tried trying to stay alive :smiley: I think it’s good to do so, because then it will just strengthen your relationship with each other because now you know them in person they can’t attempt to hack your discord anymore hi dave

but for that, I think that might take in a time where I can really say we are very close :thinking: and when I’m not broke and a child

How about you, @Discussions?

12 Likes

The answer is maybe, I might be willing to meet them :star_struck: But I kinda do be an introvert and will talk less probs making them get awkward or something sm. but I might someday, one day be willing to meet my forum friend.

2 Likes

Maybe

3 Likes

I would have to be 100% sure they’re not creeps. The problem with being on the internet tho is that you never know, but I really do wanna meet some of you. It may be awkward considering we haven’t all seen each others faces and we’re all introverts (except Solar) but I mean at least we would’ve tried it. We wold have to discuss a place to meet up tho. Unfortunately I am currently broke :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

hi I’m creep

True :eyes:

4 Likes

don’t boly I had to make a long post for a staff task ok

4 Likes

yes of course I understand bye

4 Likes

I want to meet my close friend group.
I trust them and I would love to meet them one day if given the chance.

3 Likes

I would like to meet Fin for I can kidnap them and ask them why they disappeared.

Seriously it would depend on how close we are, if we can both agree on a meeting location with many people (park, mall, restaurant). I would also probably bring a friend or tell my family exactly where I’m at all times. Safety in numbers.

3 Likes

I think no but yes-
Does that mean maybe
Probably
But i cant meet yall unless you decide to visit my country :pray: come to house ok

Hi

4 Likes

That would be so cool, but I would also be cautious at the same time since not everything on the internet reflects on how people actually are in real life. There’s also a big chance that it will flop since many of us here claimed they are socially awkward in real life.

4 Likes

I think I’d be fun!
But I wouldn’t feel comfortable just casually participating in a convo in a large group, or in a clique. It’d have to be a smaller group within the group, and with people who aren’t all best friends, or I’d feel like the odd one out.

3 Likes

Yes, definitely! Honestly, if we’ve ever vced before and we’re pretty close friends on here, it would be so cool to meet in person :star_struck:

Hi I am planning roadtrip with passie and we go visit everyone

6 Likes

This will sound harsh but I just have a different definition of the common term “friend”.

I don’t have friends here. Therefore, who are there to meet?

I mean if you want to turn to asking me if I’d meet the people I get along with here, or just are “okay” with (literally everyone here) , I dunno, prolly not? I don’t like interacting with others, at least not in person.

1 Like

Umm I’m not sure… I have mixed feelings about it although yes I would love to meet the majority of you but I will be a little awkward in conversation and that might not go well because I’m very much introverted irl and an extrovert here online. I personally would rather Video Call than actually travel to meet another person because I’ll save back on money :smile::smiley:

2 Likes

Yes please :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I would love to!! That’s if we are able to last that long because as of now we cannot. The only thing I’d be worried about how I will interact because I am awkward :meat_on_bone:

2 Likes

One hundred thousand million percent yes

2 Likes

@Madilnel and I still need to get drunk

3 Likes

True… I don’t belong to a particular friend group here, either, but I get along with everyone. However, I think it’d be easier for me to make friends if we did meet in person and got to know each other better.
At the beginning of the year, some people were arranging a New York City meetup for Episode authors. I won tickets to the event, and I was excited about going. I’ve never been to NYC before, and it’s one of the places I’d love to visit.
However, I started feeling nervous about it once I saw that all these authors going had their group of friends, and the organizers started suggesting that people make reservations at restaurants because in NYC, you can’t just randomly show up at a restaurant, they said. Since I don’t have any friends in the Episode community, I wouldn’t know what restaurant (nor hotel) to choose, nor with whom I’d eat. I thought the whole point was to meet authors at the event and make friends.
I contacted the organizers about this, and they said that soon, they’d make a post about it and get back to me on the whole thing. They didn’t, and they never posted my picture on their Instagram page. The event was supposed to be in July.
Anyway, it got cancelled in March because of COVID.

2 Likes