If You Ever Come To My Country You Need To Get These Things

Put down things that people need to get if they ever come to your country!

If you ever come to America, you need to make Smores!
(chocolate and roasted marshmallow in between two graham crackers)

You also need to get smiley cookies:

They’re not exactly like this, the frosting isn’t usually yellow, it’s hard and the cookie is white and crumbly. They’re kinda hard to find tbh but this icecream shop called Graeter’s - that has them.

15 Likes

I never saw this before! haha, I love the happy face though :laughing:

If you ever come to France (especially to Bordeaux), you have to ask for “Cannelés”, it’s my favorite pastrie. A soft cake with vanilla, sugar and rhum :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Tasty foods you need to get in the Netherlands ! :netherlands:

1.Stroopwafels (Syrup Waffle) The ubiquitous syrup waffle is a traditional Dutch treat consisting of two thin layers of baked batter with a caramel filling in the middle.

2. Poffertjes (Little pancakes) A traditional Dutch batter treat is ‘poffertjes’. They look like baby pancakes but much fluffier.They are served on a small cardboard plate and come with a small fork. While butter and powdered sugar are the most common toppings; whipped cream, syrup and strawberries are also pretty common.

3.Kroket (croquette) Kroket is a deep-fried roll with meat ragout inside, covered in breadcrumbs.The original Dutch ‘kroket’ is made from beef or veal, but there are many different flavors like chicken satay, shrimps, goulash or even a vegetarian ‘kroket’. You can eat a ‘kroket’ as a snack, but most of the time they are served on sliced white bread or hamburger buns with mustard on the side. Be aware; the ‘kroket’ can be quite hot inside.
image image

10 Likes

your mini pankaces looks a bit like apple slices we get here in denmark. I think people call them pancake poffs in english

its fun they are called apple slices since there are no apples in them. there used to be in old days.

4 Likes

I just looked it up and the two do look very similar ! Pancake poffs look a bit bigger and more round than Poffertjes .Though they look very delicious. I know Poffertjes are more based on the pancakes we have here . The Dutch version of the pancake is usually larger and thinner than the American pancakes, but thicker than a French crêpe. :pancakes:

5 Likes

OMG MINI PANCAKES!

2 Likes

same for Denmark they look like this in here

7 Likes

That coloring on that pancake looks amazing!

3 Likes

I’ve had the waffles before! My dad went to Japan or China or something and they have them there so I had one, it was really good! But it’s probably better when it comes from the Netherlands haha.

2 Likes

I can give you a recipe if you want

2 Likes

In Denmark. you need to taste Danish hotdogs. especially with remoulade on (which is a topping like mayo and ketchup)

hotdog

smørebrød. which you can get in many diffrent versions. and you can buy the breed in any store. and you can put so many things on it

and you better visit any of our many bakeries. because ours is amazing.

and last try the Danish fast food joint sunset boulevard. cost a little bit more than MacD but they are good

6 Likes

Ooh I had the Danish Hotdog before it’s very delicious :hotdog:

1 Like

I forgot fløde boller. fun facts they used to be called the N-word kiss. back then they only had two versions with our without coconut

but now you can get so many more flavours. and I really recommend buying them in Frellsen which is a chocolate store many places in Denmark. and if you buy a cup of coffe you get one for free.

4 Likes

I’ll be so happy in your country :joy: Everything seems so tasty! :yum:

3 Likes

Same!

1 Like

Yeah we have them here too , with the same controversial name. Now they are called Choco Kisses , I think? Depends on the company since some change it to something else
Here they typically have a whipped cream filling instead.Didn’t know it was a Danish thing :eyes:

2 Likes

IF YOU GO TO LONDON, BUSS DOWN TO THE CHICKEN AND CHIPS SHOPPPPPP lolllllll. :rofl: :v:t4:

2 Likes

fløde boller means cream bun. because of the whipcream inside.

1 Like

Welp that explains it then :sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like

:uk: Foods to get in England :uk:

Let’s start with the meals!
Fish and chips

Deep-fried battered fish (like cod) with chunky french fries seasoned with vinegar and salt. If you go to a fancy restaurant, it comes on a plate with garnishes (like in the photo). Regular fish and chip shops will wrap it in a type of paper and put in it a white plastic bag. If you get it by the seaside, it’s wrapped in newspaper and comes with a small wooden fork. The chips can be covered in ketchup or mayo or you could eat them with baked beans, mushy peas or curry. Some people eat the fish and chips separately and some eat them together.

Cottage Pie/Shepherd’s Pie

Minced meat covered by crispy and fluffy mashed potato. If the meat is lamb, it’s shepherd’s pie. If the meat is beef, it’s cottage pie (I prefer cottage tbh). You can have it with peas and sometimes the mash has cheese on top so when you take it out the oven, the mash is extra crispy as well as cheesy. You can find this in any English cafe or “caff” as we call it.

Bangers and Mash

Mashed potato with sausages covered in gravy. I eat this just the way it is but some people have it with cooked onion pieces or peas (only just noticed how we eat peas with everything lmao :joy:)

Now for the sweet stuff!

Cadbury Chocolate

Cadbury is a chocolate company and there are LOADS of different chocolate bars here e.g Wispa, Flake, Twirl, Crunchie. I’d recommend trying out the dairy milk chocolate to start off with. It’s just plain milk chocolate. And not forgetting these 2 iconic chocolates:
freddo

Jaffa Cakes

Small sponge cakes with orange jelly and covered at the top with dark chocolate. During Halloween, the “slime” version is released which has lemon and lime jelly instead of orange. Jaffa Cakes are slightly controversial because some think they’re biscuits for some reason when “cake” is clearly in the title whilst others think they’re cakes. Quick fun fact: There was an actual tribunal in 1991 which ruled out that they’re cakes.

Rock
rock
Basically, a cylinder-shaped candy cane in plastic wrap. You can get these by the sea-side and they come in all flavours, stripes and colours. These take a while to eat.

BONUS: London

Chicken and chips

There are chicken and chip shops everywhere in London so you’ll have no problem finding this :joy: What makes this different from fish and chips is that the chips are thinner and you don’t have them with vinegar and salt. You get fried chicken (wings, drumsticks, thighs) with chips in a box with a sauce of your choice (ketchup, mayo, burger/fry sauce). It usually comes in this iconic box:
chicken%20and%20chips%20box

7 Likes