10. Biggest motivation in the story: To learn to be independent
  11. What makes them cry: Losing her family and pet
  12. What makes them really angry: When others decide for her future plans
  13. Favourite Person: Her grandma
  14. Biggest flaw: Socially awkward and shy
  15. Biggest struggle in the story: Fight for equality and justice
  16. Most annoying quality: Dependent to her parents
  17. Most endearing quality: Kindness
  18. What makes them different/special: Delilah is the girl who can be your really good friend, she is known for being a sweetheart and wins people over by being kind, nobody could coprehend how cute she is (she is also a shortie but don’t tell her that )
  19. What purpose do they serve in the story: Fate has big plans for her, she has to leave her heart of gold because it’s time to fight for something major
  20. Why did you write them: I wanted a character who isn’t also a tough and brave girl but a shy girl who struggles to become tough throughout her journey but her cuteness never fades away, i wanted her to be a little silly and funny and i absolutely need someone like her in my story
1 Like

I’ve not got Hey There Delilah playing in my head :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: she sounds like a cool character

2 Likes
Object 18

A branch…or is it a wand?

Emotion 14

Joy

Oh lord. This will be hard with my character…

Blair walked around the town with a pleasant grin on her face. Terrorizing the public was always her favorite pastime—even if Casey didn’t approve. It’s not like Casey dictated what she did. How could he? A foolish mortal Blair thought with a scoff.
She tripped over a branch.
“ OFIFSOSNEBAI— “ She yelled. She hit the pavement with a groan. “ The hell? “ Blair yelled, looking at what had tripped her. She turned a bright red when she realized it was just a branch. Her arms were all scratched up, but they would heal in a few minutes. Blair got to her feet and dusted off her ragged clothes. She leaned over the branch.
“ Stupid branch. “ She kicked it, and to her surprise, sparks came from the tip. She threw up her hands in defense, but nothing happened.
“ Whoa. “ Blair cautiously picked up the branch, starting become ecstatic. Her anger had turned to joy. “ This is amazing. “ She smiled, looking up to the sky and pointing the wand up. A green bolt of energy pierced the sky.

Blair from the Twisted Creatures Duology ( By Cara Daniels and Olivia O. )

1 Like

Character: Kaz Gabriel
Story: In the Eye of the Storm

1. Favourite colour?
    Green
  2. Favourite food?
    Biscuits
  3. Biggest fear?
    Heights
  4. Fondest memory?
    When he was younger, he was playing in the fields with his sister
  5. Worst memory?
    Spoilers :eyes:
  6. What do they like most about themselves?
    He likes his charisma, and the way he can charm others easily. It’s a gift he finds is really useful
  7. What do they like least about themselves?
    He doesn’t like how he is short tempered and snaps at others. Kaz also hates the fact that he’s blunt
  8. Sexuality?
    Asexual
  9. Parents’ names?
    Freya Gabriel and Pasha Gabriel
  10. Biggest motivation in the story?
    Spoilers
  11. What makes them cry?
    Spoilers
  12. What makes them really angry?
    The fact that his father had scientists experimenting on Kaz for years without anybody knowing
  13. Favourite person?
    Saoirse Hastings
  14. Biggest flaw?
    His lack of training with his powers
  15. Biggest struggle in the story?
    Spoilers
  16. Most annoying quality?
    His arrogance and cockiness
  17. Most endearing quality?
    His humor
  18. What makes them different/special?
    Kaz has some sort of power that allows him to control the storm that’s been looming over the Earth for 5 years.
  19. What purpose do they serve in the story?
    He must go to the eye of the storm to destroy it before the storm becomes violent and dangerous
  20. Why did you write them?
    Kaz is somebody that I can really relate closely to. I feel like the complexity of this character is something challenging, but also fun to write

My story has two MCs. This is the male MC

Character Name: Kanai Bowens

1. Favourite colour? Red

2. Favourite food? Jollof Rice

3. Biggest fear? Succumbing to his anger

4. Fondest memory? His 17th Birthday Party

5. Worst memory? Seeing his mom get deported

6. What do they like most about themselves?
    He gets a sort of joy helping those in need

7. What do they like least about themselves? He tends to trust people easily

8. Sexuality? Straight

9. Parents’ names? Isham and (Spoiler)

10. Biggest motivation in the story? Get revenge on the man that ruined his life

11. What makes them cry? Loss of his loved ones

12. What makes them really angry? Seeing himself/his loved ones become endangered by others

13. Favourite person? Jewel Friedh

14. Biggest flaw? He’s insecure

15. Biggest struggle in the story? Dealing with putting his plan into motion

16. Most annoying quality? He’s arrogant

17. Most endearing quality? A charisma that lets him befriend practically anybody

18. What makes them different/special? He harbors a ruthless second personality born from his hatred of the mob boss Krimzen

19. What purpose do they serve in the story? Spark Deja’s(FMC) willingness to change/Be the driving force of toppling a criminal empire

20. Why did you write them? I wanted to write a character that was rare to see in stories: a pure African man living in America. The more work I put into him, the more I realized that he’d be perfect as a main character instead of a side character.

1 Like

Questions 1

Lena Okumura
Story: Daughter of the Blue Dragon

• Favourite colour? Dark Blue
  • Favourite food? Steamed Pork Buns
  • Biggest fear? Losing her family
  • Fondest memory? Meeting the love of her life (Won’t spoil who.)
  • Worst memory? Watching her mother get killed.
  • What do they like most about themselves? She is glad to be cunning.
  • What do they like least about themselves? She can be to trusting at times.
  • Sexuality? Straight
  • Parents’ names? Lin and Chihiro Okumura
  • Biggest motivation in the story? To get away from her arranged marriage to a rival yakuza gang.
  • What makes them cry? Loss, extreme happiness and unresolved feelings.
  • What makes them really angry? Self-centered people, Being forced into something, and someone threatening someone she loves.
  • Favourite person? Rina her little sister.
  • Biggest flaw? Giving in to her families decisions.
  • Biggest struggle in the story? Dealing with running away from her family during a tragic situation.
  • Most annoying quality? She knows how to get people to do what she wants.
  • Most endearing quality? She is kind to everyone around her. Even if she hates them. Taka is the exception though.
  • What makes them different/special? Lena bears physical scars from the day her mother died. She has lost more than she lets on.
  • What purpose do they serve in the story? She is the main character of the story.
  • Why did you write them? I wanted to write about a girl who had to deal with a tough situation. Someone who was strong enough to with stand the pain but she could still have vulnerable moments.
1 Like

So I could have misread the meaning of the object but here it goes.

Character: Juniper

Object

Empty Armour with eyes.

Emotion

Love

Juniper skipped over to her armour in her favorite room. She was excited to see the contents of the armour. This room was her sanctuary where she could do whatever she pleased even keep trinkets of her favorite people. She slowly opened the double doors of the armour and with every second that passed her pulse quickened. Once the doors were pulled fully opened Juniper looked into the armour and saw her lovely jars of eyes. She loved the look of eyeballs they were so unique. They came in so many colors with distinct details to them that made them all very different from one another. They were her keepsakes from her pets that she loved. When one would fail to stay alive she would take their eyes as a token to remember them by. She knew whose eyes belonged to who and she would never forget that part. Her love for eyes made her dark side come out since being a demon made it easy to harvest the eyes of her pets.

4 Likes

She’s… Asexual?

Yeah, but she struggles to accept it in the first chapter, mainly because she isn’t informed enough about asexuality.

1 Like

Oh.

Bump

4 Likes

Wowser

3 Likes

Yeah…I went with it. Juniper is my crazy demon in my limelight story.

2 Likes

I like it

1 Like

Thank you!

Bump

1 Like

Switching the Roles Exercise

This one is pretty basic but very effective.

Swap your hero and your villain around! Make the good guy fight for bad and the bad guy fight for good. Don’t change anything about their personality. Just change their goals and function in the story! Then, try to rewrite a story section of your choosing.

4 Likes

Holy crap that sounds so cool. I’m gonna try that!

1 Like

It’s a good one, if I may say so myself

1 Like