International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia

Today is the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia. Unfortunately, here in the Netherlands this is still very much needed, there is still violence against LGBTQ simply for the fact they are part of the LGBTQ community. Almost 60% of the people in a same-sex relationship don’t hold hands in public because they are scared for negative responses or violence.

So what do you guys think of this, are such days even helpful and do they actually contribute to decreased phobias, or should this issue be solved in other ways?

17 Likes

Why is this a day? Should this not be EVERY day?!

9 Likes

This should absolutely be every day :eyes:

7 Likes

But humanity sucks and there’s a day for it

6 Likes

I did not know there was a day.

Let LGBTQ+ people live in peace everyday, not just for a day/month.

6 Likes

I guess it’s a day to raise awareness about these issues. We should always be against homophobia, transphobia, and biphobia.

6 Likes

I don’t agree! This is almost too negative. Why should we have a day where we acknowledge that their these “phobias” exist and that we have to fight against. We should just have a positive day for it.

A day for equality!

8 Likes

I get that it brings awareness to these issues, but I don’t think it does much. It’s not like it’s going to make people stop being homophobic, biphobic, or transphobic (I’m willing to bet that it makes it worse in some cases).

5 Likes

I wish it wasn’t just a day… and I don’t think it will do much to stop the discrimination

1 Like

Bump!

Pride Month Y’all!

1 Like

I still think this is an ALL year round thing!

1 Like

International Day Against Panphobia? :pleading_face: Oh, wait. We DoN’t ExIsT.

4 Likes

Yeah!

1 Like

bump

Damn, this is rad.
Bump ~

1 Like

Yessss

1 Like

That’s every day, not just one day. Homophobic, biphobic, panphobic, and transphobic people are pathetic year-round.

1 Like

Yes! They suck.

1 Like

Well the way I see it is that obviously this should be everyday but having a day to really think about these issues, pump out information and rally against it. Isn’t really a problem. It becomes a problem if people learn nothing. We need to acknowledge these phobias exist because of how they affect peoples lives.

Yes, this should be everyday, yes this can be quite taxing to go into but as long as people take something away with them, I think that’s a good thing.

Yeah and it wouldn’t if it was all year round either unfortunately! Information about these issues is actually thrown around all year and the information is out there for people to educate themselves. The people who don’t want to educate themselves either don’t care or just get angry this day exists which is pretty s*itty.

There is definitly and argument to be made that the people who don’t want to educate themselves on this day or any day just won’t do it. There is defintley an argument to be made that the attention given to these issues all year round. But I still think there isn’t anything inherently wrong with having this specific day because if you can at least educate some people surely that’s a good thing?

@LGBTCommunity what do you think?