Irritating things people do online/in threads

Thread to complain about annoying things people do online or in threads :eyes:

I normally don’t care too much about things that people do, although seeing just “bump” is really annoying because it shows up as the thread has a new reply in my unreads but there’s nothing to see there

11 Likes

Small talk

Why

Do you want me to die

5 Likes

I don’t like it when people just say “bump”

I wish you would bump threads by contributing to the conversation :eyes:

5 Likes

talk about themselves when it’s not related to the discussion whatsoever
Lmao man time and place time and place

5 Likes
  • ‘Bump’ instead of contributing to the thread
  • Promoting something that no one even asked for and that isn’t even related to the topic
  • Ad-hominem attacks
  • Recipe-shaming people who dare to change an ingredient and ‘that’s not how my grandma makes it’ comments
  • Going extremely off-topic for more than 10 posts with inside jokes and a two-way conversation on a thread
  • Spamming a thread with one word or phrase, making the screen freeze
3 Likes

This ^^

3 Likes

When a person thinks only their opinion is sovereign and disregards others’ opinions :weary:

3 Likes

Applying To Online In General:

• Assuming someone has no life because of how active they are
  • Automatically assuming someone didn’t try to help themselves before seeking help
  • Questioning something extremity minor on something and not even helping if the poster explains it.
  • Ghoasting
  • Trolling
  • Shaming
  • Canceling
  • Bullying
  • Hate Accounts
  • Harrassment
2 Likes

I really dislike it when I’m creating a topic like “how does it feel to…” or something like “have you ever…”

And the point is to relate to it, but people reply with a straight up “no” or “idk” and nothing else. Like why? :sob: if you cant contribute to a conversation or discussion then it wasn’t made for you :sob: of course anyone can reply to any thread but it gets annoying cuz the reply is just pointless cuz it’s not informative or it can’t keep a flow when the point of the thread is to keep a discussion ya know

3 Likes

Oh, yes! I agree with that. The point of making the thread is to know if someone has gone through that or if they can relate to it, right? Or even if you haven’t, you can still add to the conversation. For example, ‘No, I’ve never experienced that, but my best friend has, and…’ or something.

Another thing that annoys me is when the thread asks a legitimate question, and someone replies with something totally unrelated.

2 Likes

Yes exactly! I often wonder why people even reply to the thread if it’s just so empty. It would be the same thing as not replying at all because nobody else would be able to respond back to you.

Same here. I get it if some of topic replies are somewhat related to the topic but when it’s completely irrelevant I get a little annoyed

2 Likes

I literally can’t with small talk-

I mean, something that bugs me after making a thread or seeing it on other people’s threads is when the OP _fully explains what the subject is, all definitions are given, articles are provided and people still only reply, by saying…“what?” That’s something that bugs me online

I hate it when I’m reading the comments on a music video on YouTube, and someone comes in to talk trash about the song. Why did they click on the video in the first place if they don’t like the content?

Closed due to inactivity