Is a jobless person considered a burden to society?

Here in America, they sure are. Anyone in American who doesn’t work are judged a lot, especially by a certain political party… haha… bruh. :unamused:

To be honest, I don’t see them as a burden but YEP, in the society around me, that’s how a lot of people feel. I honestly don’t think you need to work 9-5 or 40 hours a week to be considered very important and just equal to another person who does. I think it’s f*cked up quite a bit to decide whether a person is meaningful by whether they work or can. Hell, people get sht for when they literally CANNOT work. Like they don’t have the means and they don’t have a healthy enough body or just a stable one. It’s pretty unfair if you ask me.

@Discussions what do you think?

5 Likes

economically, yes
however, society is not purely based on economics. We are people, not businesses. Morally, I say no, because shaming people for things they physically or emotionally can’t do is idiotic and cruel. However, I cannot deny that in terms of economics and statistics, the answer is yes.

In the real world, people who don’t work contribute by existing. They provide moral support to family and friends, help with raising kids, love other people and improve people’s lives. So, in my ultimate opinion, I personally feel the answer is no

2 Likes

This is why a lot of people petition to include a housewife’s (or a homemaker) work to be recognized as economically useful. But sadly, their voices get ignored.

Yeah sure, housewives don’t directly contribute to increase of a country’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) but they care for their homes and people living inside. They nurture them and, thus, indirectly contribute to growth of human capital. Thus, their work should rightfully be included in GDP. Same goes for other similar works.

2 Likes

yess

1 Like

no i don’t think so :eyes: also what about stay at home parents? they raise the future, yes, and actually help society if they do a good job?

2 Likes

And adding onto the homemaker part- how about people who go out of their way to foster children?

2 Likes

yes true

also let us keep in mind that not all jobless people are not doing anything at all. Some are toddlers and some are mothers :eyes:

I agreeee

2 Likes

Closed due to inactivity