Is being the only child better than having siblings?

Is being the only child better than having siblings?

I say no. I get lonely a lot and having a sibling helps me with that.

But what about you?

@Discussions

7 Likes

My sister’s a psycho.

2 Likes

I mean I do have sisters butt uhh I don’t live with them and I’m literally better off that way without them so for having no siblings around is rad.

3 Likes

yes and no.
I feel like having sibling(s) teaches you a lot and gives you skills on how to deal with different people but also they could tear u down pretty quick and be toxic sometimes

just depends i guess

2 Likes

You just described my sister

2 Likes

I don’t mind being an only child.

3 Likes

i was a- omg i was about to say i was a lonely child instead of i was an only child

yeah that sums it up

2 Likes

omg u have such only child energy

5 Likes

leaving children lone with eachother is a terrifying thought
but it can have benefits

3 Likes

Have been told that before. HAHAHA

1 Like

What about me?

1 Like

It has ups and downs. Being the youngest my brother and sister have set the bar on education in a way, so I feel like I need to at least get oj the same level.

When I was young I hated my brother and sister and I wished I was only child. Then me and my brother got closer and the past few years, my sister and I have started to be closer too.

Having siblings also means you have always someone to talk to, and when they are older, you can ask them advise and when they are younger… I’m not sure probably give advise or smth.

2 Likes

It completely depends on the person.

But one thing’s for sure - one child means you’re a parent, more than one child means you’re a referee for life.

2 Likes

I really like being an only child :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

My siblings are a pain in the @ss, but I couldn’t imagine not having them lol
They teach a lot of life lessons, like sharing, compromise, how to win fights, how to deal with kids, how to manage anger and frustration, how to treat minor wounds when things get out of hand ect. - things that an only child doesn’t necessarily get otherwise

3 Likes

Nah I like having the sister around most of the time, we’ve gotten a lot closer because covid and our parents didn’t let us leave the house and they hardly let her talk with her friends so LMAO

Yeah it’s nice to have someone to complain to about the parents and like we’re experiencing the same home life (welllllllllll but that’s another story) but she gets it ya

4 Likes

same.

3 Likes

Moved to discuss and added a tag :innocent:

1 Like

I say yes, only 'cause I prefer my space.

No… I’m an only child, and I used to get lonely as a kid whenever my friends were doing family activities. I even had imaginary siblings. :rofl: :rofl: And now, I wish I did have a sibling so I wouldn’t feel lonely.