Is it appropriate to give your teachers gifts?

Of course it is, why not? It’s a way to show appreciation and gratitude. :sunflower: :sunflower: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:
Obviously it’s much easier when you’re in preschool or elementary because you only have 1 or 2 teachers. In middle and high school where there are multiple teachers, it can get very expensive. But maybe you could give candy or something that you can buy in bulk, or a letter to a teacher that you really appreciate---- not to all of them.

3 Likes

I used to buy teachers really nice pens :eyes:

1 Like

At graduation we got gifts for some of the teachers like as a group
But it wasn’t mandatory so if you don’t like the teacher just don’t join the group

But I did get one of my teachers a personal gift im pretty sure :thinking:

Nope, it’s against the law here because it counts as a bribe :star_struck::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

i think it depends what the gift is and what it’s for. like in my middle school we had teacher appreciation week. a little gift is fine like a card but money isn’t allowed

At my school that happens a bit! But it’s usually people baking stuff for their teachers.

1 Like

Why not? I think most teachers find it sweet

1 Like

Yes, of course! I always buy my teachers gifts during Christmas season :pleading_face:

1 Like

It was a tradition to give your teacher a gift at the end of year. Kind of like a thank you present for the year since you changed teachers every year in primary school. Secondary school it wasn’t allowed unless you were year 11 since you kept the same home room teacher for the whole 4 years. As a class we used to pitch in and buy them a box of chocolates for Christmas.

1 Like

I used to buy pens or little chocolates to gift to my teachers but they mostly never accepted it yet thanked me for it. It was pretty embarrassing, I admit :sweat_smile::sob:

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve done anything like that for a while, but I think that it’s fine to give them little gifts

1 Like

Yes, it’s appropriate. It’s a token of appreciataion to them. I’ve given my teachers red pens in the past (classic, I know) just to show my appreciation. It never hurts to give gifts to teachers, especially on Teacher’s day!

1 Like

Added some tags! :white_heart:

1 Like

I appreciate all gifts that I have gotten from my students, because the fact that a kid or teenager actually thought about bringing their teacher something means a lot to me.
I hate those memes on teacher FB pages that say stuff like, “No, your teacher does not want a handmade crayon wreath or another coffee mug. She wants a gift certificate to some place with happy hour.”

First of all, I hardly even drink alcohol.
Second of all, it’s making teachers seem unappreciative and greedy, and that a gift from one of our kids means nothing unless it’s something that we really want.

Closed due to inactivity.