Is it reasonable that my mom is giving me a hard time for a stupid phobia?

So, I have Bathophobia, the fear of stairs, and my mom got me a step stool because I’m short. I managed to get on the first step, but refused to get on the second. My mom made a joke about maybe she should terrify me the next time we take pictures so I’d open my eyes. Honestly, I feel like she’s in the right. I know it’s stupid, but I’m just so scared.

2 Likes

Well she isn’t really in the right, phobias really suck and if you aren’t comfortable with her mocking it then that’s a fair boundary. Idk to me it has the same vibe as my brother and Dad who like to reallyyyyy make fun of me, my Mum and older brother for our baddddd phobia of heights.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s it. I was literally white knuckling it out of fear.

1 Like

Nope. She shouldn’t make fun of your phobia. Even if it’s something small.

1 Like

Right, i was embarrassed. I know she meant well, but seriously?

1 Like

How did she mean well??

1 Like

I mean, I’d be offended if someone was like “I’ll throw a cockroach on you the next time to help you overcome your fear hehehhehhahahahha”

I mean she was just joking around. I think. I was considering snapping and asking her how she felt if I made her confront something that scared her, but I didn’t.

1 Like

I would have done that-
sjsnjbdxdhbndhbz

1 Like

I do have a good reason to be worried though. Falling could have serious consequences.

1 Like

Yeah… I’m scared of climbing ladders (climacophobia) 'cause I’m worried I’ll lose my balance and fall.

1 Like

Wait…I thought it was Bathophobia? This is it.
I climbed the first step, but my mom wanted me to climb the second. I downright refused.

1 Like

Oh, you’re right. Huh.

1 Like

There’s a slight difference.

1 Like

Ahhh. I can do stairs if there’s a railing and it’s not steep. No ladders.

1 Like

I have Ballistiphobia too. I’ve gotten people making lesbian jokes when I say I’m afraid of balls.

1 Like

How is the fear of missiles related to fear of balls-
Or is it because of the name?

1 Like

The name. Anything thrown at me, even a can of soup.

1 Like

I even hold my hands up as a block when something soft is thrown at me. Even hearing basketballs hitting the court scares me.

1 Like

Whoaa

1 Like