Is making anime from games a good idea (and vice versa)?

Most games I’ve come across that are based on anime are gacha games or just plain fighting games. You have the Seven Deadly Sins mobile game, My Hero: One’s Justice (my hero academia game), there’s a demon slayer game and a Konosuba game.

One Piece also has the Pirate Warriors series which are actually really good.

Part of me just wishes that instead of just fighting games there were some open world games too? Or that the style of the game made sense in relation to the anime.

The game with anime characters in that I have is Jump Force, it’s a fighting game but it’s actually really fun to play. If you want a Goku VS All Might fight, you have one! :joy:

In terms of games being made into anime, you have Castlevania as probably one of the best examples. It’s more than possible and can be done quite well!

@AnimeNerds what do you guys think?

I always had this kind of thing in mind:

Seven Deadly Sins open world game - The show has a whole map that I’d love to be able to freely explore and do missions or something. The mobile game had the right idea, I just want something more fleshed out and actually open world.

My Hero Academia RPG: I once had a dream that I was a chatacter who infiltrated the league of villains with certain other character who infiltrates them and you would get to play through a noncanon but rad side story.

Demon Slayer Action RPG: I was thinking of something where you make a character and get sent on missions to hunt demons and are occasionally joined by Inosuke, Tanjiro and Zenitsu

But as it happens any game that’s been made for those series is just a fighting game, they can be good fun, I just wish for some variety.

Anyway @AnimeNerds come and answer me

I’m pretty sure Danganronpa was a video game turned into an anime. I wanted the video game, but was shot down quickly.