Is school what you expected it to be when you were a kid?

As kids, we all have expectations of what school is going to be like, mostly derived from media or stories from family or friends. Is school what you thought I’d be like or is it different? If it’s different, is it a good different or bad different?

5 Likes

I mean I expected it to be like the ones on TV :joy:

The lockers and how nice everyone was with tables and cafeteria. I mean it’s close to that but it’s also a lot different. It’s just all about the people

3 Likes

I don’t think I really had expectations and if I did I don’t remember them :joy:

3 Likes

Same!

When I was younger we just played all day long. In the higher grades it was a bit different I guess (but I just hanged out with friends all day :joy:)

3 Likes

I think that when I was younger I thought that school would be a lot less work. I figured that I would learn a lot more stuff that would be interesting, rather than working on a lot of essays that I really didn’t care about. Additionally, I always expected it to be a lot more clique-y in high school, like all those TV shows depict, but that was never actually a thing.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t remember what I thought school would be like. I think I expected it to be more fun and creative, free… This might sound silly but I always imagined having a locker and cafeteria and football field, like you see in movies. I wanted it to be like that but, at least here, it’s not like that at all. I think I did expect it to be hard sometimes but I was and still am always stressed out.

Closed due to inactivity