Is teen pregnancy bad?

I need opinions from you guys

3 Likes

You may want to talk more about why you’re asking this; is someone you know pregnant or is this for a story. Depending on the answer, you can also use one of these three group tags to get attention to the topic: @/Discussions, @/Health, or @/Writers.

Moved this from archive to health and added tags.

3 Likes

No It’s just that my parents have said that if I got pregnant at any age like 16-17 they wouldn’t allow me to live with them and so I thought. Why can’t y’all help me with the thought because I don’t think it’s that bad.

2 Likes

That’s a little cruel from your own parents.
I don’t think it’s bad, I mean, it happens. Maybe they’re only saying this is a deterrent to stop from having unsafe sex? I know this is what some parents do. And maybe if it were to happen then they’d think differently.

4 Likes

Maybe.

2 Likes

I cant comment in terms of pregnancy but i know that being a teen parent does not automatically make you a bad parent.

My mum was a teen mum and we were okay. It wasn’t easy but it wasnt awful

2 Likes

I completely agree with you there.
My mum pretty much was. She was 19 while pregnant with me and only had been 20 for a month when I was born. So there was still a massive struggle starting university pregnant. My hero she is.

Then there’s my partner’s mum who was about 21 when she had him, but had his older sisters (twins) at 17/18. Luckily, the father of them all was very supportive (still is) and as was their families. Although, there is still hardship having kids young.

2 Likes

My mum was 16-17 when she had her eldest. It definitely was rough to start with. My mum has been a carer for most of her career

3 Likes

My mama was 18 my dad was 17(in the army ) when my older brother was born.

2 Likes

Big Ups to her. WOW! A strong woman she is.

3 Likes

Thanks! Your mum sounds strong as well. Hoping her good heath.

3 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes

Anytime you need someone I’m here.

3 Likes

I think teen parents are awesome and so strong.

However, I would definitely not advise anyone to have a kid that young because it seems incredibly hard. I honestly don’t want to have a kid ever, but most certainly not now. That’s because I’m still exploring myself and my identity and mental health, I’m figuring out who I want to be.

I don’t think it’s bad, I just think that things happen the way that they happen.

3 Likes