Is the "who's online"-feature broken?

I decided to enter the forums from my tablet for the first time today and noticed that I showed up as online although my phone was turned off and I hadn’t logged in from my tablet yet, so I couldn’t possibly be online…
Did anyone ever have the same issue? :eyes::sparkles::thinking:

6 Likes

I also have a similar issue , where my account says I’m online even though I logged out a while ago.It usually takes a couple minutes until the site realizes I’m not online, but after that it works again. And says I’m not online anymore.

I think this problem might be because I might have been logged into another device .Or the forum has to take a while to register my absence,but I’m not sure :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

I think it’s not quite instantaneous of when you log off, but not 100% sure…

7 Likes

It happened to me too! Maybe the system needs five minutes or so to verify it?

2 Likes

It sometimes says I’m online too. It might be if you stay logged in on certain devices? If said device runs an update or something it might register you as online when you’re not. Idk though, that might just be what happened in my case xD

4 Likes

Yeah it’s basing it on the last activity you made. So it spends some time like “are they online? :eyes:

With @ChaoticDeluge, it’s because he’s always got the tab open on his computer :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Oh, that might be the case :thinking: I’m too lazy to log out on my phone :sweat_smile::eyes::sparkles:
But wouldn’t that mean that I should always show up as online then? :thinking::eyes::sparkles:

3 Likes

No, your phone will randomly connect to the internet even when it’s asleep/not being used. For things like automatic updates, sending your info to the FBI, etc.

4 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes:
I feel sorry for the humans who receive my info, they must be dealing with so many eyes… :eyes::sparkles::crying_cat_face:

5 Likes

Issue has been resolved. :eyes: