Is this a migraine?

Basically, my entire head and back of my neck hurts, which is what I’d expect, but also my back and right arm. Internet obviously didn’t help. I’m confused. Yes, I don’t know why I’m asking here. @Health

1 Like

Make that both arms. Shoulders.

I experince something like it last year, I have no idea, I thought it was a heart attack, but my mom refused to call an ambulance, I lost a lot of trust in my mom that day, also the refusal was ridiculous, because its freaking free here

So for me it was most likely a pinch nerve. and it will last long time. my advice to do was, train nech evry day. do circular motions with your shoulders. and also lean your head for 16 seconds in all directions. like 16 head resting on back, 16 head resting on breast, 16 resting on each shoulder.

1 Like

It’s fixed now, but thanks! I think it was because I ate too much sugar at one time.

1 Like

Maybe it is, its good you feel better. though do be careful.

1 Like

Irioncially I’m learning a little about migraines (and the different type of headaches now)

The neck rigidity is slightly concerning and it seems like you have referred pain to your arm and back which isn’t associated with migranes.

But basically, with a migrane you should have unilateral (on one side) pulsating/throbing pain and you also have an aversion (avoidance) of light and sounds (basically sitting in a dark room with no sounds helps your headache).

Any of that sound like your current headache?

2 Likes

Also good to know, but just so you know what a migrane is like in the future in case you have one^^

There was pulsating, but it was like my whole head, not just part. So it wasn’t a cluster headache.

1 Like

Definitly not cluster

those are also rare, and usually specifically behind your eye (with males getting it more than females)

And It doesn’t sound like a tension headache either

1 Like

Right, I stupidly looked it up, and that’s what it said. Felt like my eyes were being squeezed out, though.

1 Like

understandable but cluster headaches are also unilateral

one sided only

1 Like

Ah. That wasn’t my issue. I want to figure it out, though.

1 Like

I’ll let you know if I learn anymore in med school :joy:

I am on my neuro unit

1 Like

Please do. My spine was killing me too. It was just all around weird.