Ismeina & Nathael’s Adventure RP

A mug of black coffee won’t help you, they said. And then, ironically, both Ismeina and Nathael passed out on the spot.

As Nathael awakened once more, he found himself in a different vehicle, bigger than the one before. It appears that the coffee did, in fact, help him get energized, though not in the way he’d expect. Now, his curiosity would kill him, as he wondered what had happened on the way here, while he was passed out.

Nathael exited the car, looking at his surroundings. He noticed a path downhill, leading to a forest. His first thought was to slide down the hill, however he didn’t trust Ismeina to let him off so easily. He went back to the car, opening the door, as he reached his hand in to retrieve the bag he’d left.

“Soooo, boss–” Nathael chuckled. “–What do you say we do now?” Although usually, he doesn’t listen to his dear friend, this time around he had to cooperate. This was a quest that had to be finished, so he could get back to his normal life faster.

Though, that didn’t mean he couldn’t have fun. “Race you downhill?” he suggested, as he got closer to the edge. Regardless of what Ismeina said, Nathael was gonna race them anyway, so this was more of a warning than a suggestion.

@OhSumana // Ismeina Falaise

2 Likes

The drowsiness hit them way before aftertaste of the coffee could, well, if there was any, as if only to provide Nathael with more teasing material. Their employer must have been desperate to keep the location well hidden. The eyelids felt too heavy to kept often and head only hurt slightly when they tried to fight the urge to shut the front view close. Well, $h!t - was the last thing they could mutter in their head and Nathael’s head falling back was the last thing they witnessed from peripheral view before giving into the state of unconsciousness for an unknown amount of time.

It was as if the sudden loss of motion of the transport, caused them to wake up. Recollecting their composure and raking their fingers through their hair, they hopped out of the car along with their stuff. “Soooo, boss–”, Ismeina turned to Nathael with an unamused look. “I know, I know. I can’t always be right…”, they stated, shrugging their shoulders moments before he brought up the ‘race’.

Honestly, Ismeina expected him to play dirty and, like, run off without any warning. But they smirked when he did not. “I guess I can do that for your pleasure, at least.”, they agreed and fairly they ran off at the same time.

@idiot.exe - Nathael

Sorry for the very late reply :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

As they started to race down the hill the car never left, never even started its engine. The driver’s window remained closed and their sunglasses-wrapped eyes stared straight ahead, down the hill. Not until both their back were to the driver did window wind down, two fingers went to the driver’s mouth and blew. A piercing whistle left the car and the echo bounced between trees down the hill.
The driver then threw an envelope out the window. It landed on the ground heavily before they wound the window back up. The car revved and reversed over the hill, obviously from where they must have come. The envelope was weighted with a small rock. Along with the rock was a typed letter.

The letter:

Dear Ismeina and Nathael,

Here is another task for you to undertake. Apologies for the secrecy in getting to this location, the inhabitants of this valley aren’t too keen on newcomers, so precautions were made. By now, we have become aware of just how far your expertise ranges. We know that the following task will not be difficult for people with your talents.
Your aim is to stop an impending war between the Pixies and the Púcas. The Pixie prince has been taken by the Púca, and if he is not returned within THREE DAYS, then war will break out. War will be more devastating to this land than the last time, and no one wants that. So we’ve arranged with them to prolong the attack for three days. So make sure you can return the boy before the dawn of day four.
As per normal, your payment will be paid out and waiting for you after the task is complete.

Good Luck.

2 Likes

To Nathael’s surprise, Ismeina actually agreed to race him downhill. As they both set off and ran, he only hoped to be first one downhill. However, as they raced, an object was thrown from the car on the hill, grabbing Nathael’s attention. After they both reached the bottom, he grabbed hold of the envelope on the ground, immediately opening it out of curiosity.

“What the-?” A letter was inside, obviously, what else could have been in an envelope? Nathael was hoping for his payment, but the letter let him down a bit. He took it out, reading it out loud in a dramatic voice, accent exaggerated. “DeAr iSmeiNa aNd NatHAel–” he paused, brows furrowed. “–Why isn’t my name first?” he threw the letter aside, after having skimmed through it.

“So, we just have to rescue some sort of prince in two days. I bet we’ll do it in one day, right Is?~” he chuckled, turning to leave towards the forest path. Considering there was no other path, he had assumed that was the direction they had to go to. It was only the start, and he had already gotten impatient. He could only imagine how angry Ismeina was at him, unless they were somehow having a good day.

It’s fine! I know you’re busy

2 Likes

Evidently Nathael was the one with more excitement. Ismeina caught up with him as his running figure made a stop, and waited for him to brag his victory while they drew a breath, only to notice him pulling out a letter from the envelope. Turning their head they spotted the car, dashing on road, and returned their attention back to Nathael the next moment, despite him whining about his name not being put first, in an unfruitful anticipation that he would probably read the letter aloud for both of them.

Ismeina was swift enough to catch the piece of paper as it was thrown. "Maybe because you’re childish. " , commented Ismeina, jokingly, but with a serious tone and a sarcastic smile, before they went through the letter. So the latest mission was about playing rescuers to a kidnapped Prince. The writer made it sound like it was sneak-in-and out-with-Prince type job. Ismeina knew that a job that appeared easy from initially, may not actually be as easy. And if the locals were were not keen on newcomers then what gave the impression that they would be welcoming toward them?

Whatever. It was not the first mission and it would not be last. At least the paycheck would be worth it and a life without risks and thrill is a bland life. Ismeina folded the letter and put into the envelope, then shoved it into her pocket. Ignoring the question that Nathael voice,Ismeina looked around, scanning the surroundings. "This place is probably where the Prince was last seen, or whatever initial investigation they made came to a dead-end at this spot. Maybe we should look around? " , they thought out loud.

@idiot.exe - Nathael

Thanks

2 Likes

Nathael rolled his eyes at Ismeina’s comment. He didn’t exactly care about being perceived as childish. As long as he was insulted, it meant he managed to make someone angry at him. Although, his need to annoy people was strange, he enjoyed seeing the look on people’s faces, especially Ismeina’s.

And just as he turned his attention to the quest, Ismeina had to stop him in his tracks. He might’ve thought that wandering off into the forest would be a good idea, but they seemed to have other plans in mind. He turned to face Ismeina. “Search right here?” he raised a brow. “Don’t you see the only path leading to the forest?” he sighed, gesturing to the path behind him. Though, for the sake of finishing the quest and getting paid faster, he had to cooperate with his dearest friend.

“Alright, fine.” he rolled his eyes, returning to where Ismeina was standing. “What now?” Although, he wasn’t looking forward to hearing it. He scanned his surroundings as well, though he doubted he would see anything special. Maybe it was just because Ismeina told him to do it, but he felt it was completely useless.

2 Likes

Ismeina had actually stopped paying attention to Nathael and his blabbering roughly two minutes ago. The only reason why they were dropped at this spot could be that the employer or the previous person appointed to the task met with a supposed dead-end here, or this was where the Princy boy was last seen, or this spot was simply the most convenient place to lead them on this path ahead without someone else’s physical presence. There should be something around here, right?

Ismeina’s mind played the dusty old recording of leaving no stones unturned and that resulted them looking around for supposed clues, vainly. They exhaled a breath they had been holding in anticipation of discovery and shoved their hands in their pocket before, a bit shyly looking up at Nathael’s smug face. “Save it” , they mumbled averting their gaze at the trail. “Ummm, okay you’re right, l-let’s just go ahead…” they added with a shrug.

@idiot.exe

I need to stop procrastinating

2 Likes

As Nathael thought, the search was pointless. It wasn’t like he put a lot of effort in it anyway, he was hoping Ismeina would do most of the work. It was their idea, after all. However, he was looking forward to seeing Ismeina’s defeated look after that.

He couldn’t help but smirk, seeing his all-knowing bestie admit they were wrong. “I’m surprised you didn’t decide to stay here for hours, just to try prove me wrong.” he laughed.

Nathael turned around, heading toward the secluded forest path. As much as he wanted to tease Ismeina, he knew there was no time to lose. As always, the sooner he’d do the quest, the sooner he can get paid and go home. The job was almost perfect for him. He didn’t have to sit at a desk all day, so it was never boring. The only downside was that there was an actual risk of death, though it was worth it in his eyes.

But what he couldn’t figure out, was why Ismeina would choose a job like this. As if they would even want to tell him.

@CrazyCaliope // I’m guessing you’ll transition to wherever the forest leads?

Hdjdj relatable, I used to take weeks to respond

2 Likes

As they dived into the trees, they both unsheathed their small knives and began striking the vines in front of them; Ismeina lead the way. It was thick with vines, branches, and overgrown foliage, which made it hard to follow the remains of a dirt path. Yet, they kept hacking away with their knives, attempting to clear the way. Fortunately, they were both careful enough for their hands not to be ripped to shreds, nor were they tripped by any roots underfoot.

After about 30 minutes, the vines and branches thinned and it was easier to push their way through. The path turned left ahead, and when they reached the corner, Nathael noticed something neither had seen until he was about to turn. Not something, but someone, sitting on a fallen tree trunk on the other side of the path’s corner.
A man whose dark skin blended into the shadows of the trees, making it hard to see him there. He had mid-length dreads that were well-kept for someone sitting in the forest. He wore leather, head to toe, and flashed them both a smile. “Hello, fair travellers.”

@idiot.exe - Nathael
@OhSumana - Ismeina

2 Likes

“Finally, civilization!” Nathael exclaimed, hands in the air. He ran towards the man in the forest, without hesitating for a second. He was too focused on the person he’d seen, he didn’t notice the branch about to hit him in the face. And suddenly, he was slapped in the face, thrown back. Instant regret.

It had only been a few hours in the forest, yet he already missed the city. Nathael was used to being surrounded by people at all times. He was used to hearing the vehicles outside his home, noise of neighbors chatting as they complained about Linda, the sound of music at nightclubs. Not being smacked in the face by a random branch.

However, he kept going as if nothing happened, refusing to let anyone see. Nathael continued walking to greet the stranger. Once he reached the fallen log, he extended his hand to the man. “I’m Nathael.” he smiled. “This is my best friend, please call them Steve.” Nathael put a hand over his mouth, suppressing laughter. He turned to whisper. “If they deny the name Steve, don’t worry. They have amnesia and keep insisting their name is Ismeina.” he put a hand over his chest, frowning. “My poor bestie.”

Proof that I do, in fact, take weeks to respond :sob:

2 Likes

Marquise

The man didn’t seem bothered by the young boy striding up to him in the slightest. It was as if this boy posed no threat to the man whatsoever, nor was he showing any inclination whether he believed him or not. The man did not shake his hand, instead he simply gave Nathael a reassuring smile and spoke with a rough voice but soothing tone, “No need to introduce your friend, I’m sure they can do it themself. It is nice to meet you, Nathael. My name is Marquise, and who might you be?” He directed the question to Ismeina.

@OhSumana - Ismeina
@idiot.exe - Nathael

2 Likes

At first Ismeina could not be more disappointed in their companion, that he was revealing both of their identities to a practically shady stranger. Standing behind Nat, as he rambled, Ismeina observed the stranger’s appearance, deducing that he had not been in this forest for much longer than them, and perhaps were a traveller. “Do I even look like a Steve to you, dummy?”, they mumbled under their breath. Well, damage was already done, so what was the point in holding back now?

“I’m Ismeina” , they introduced herself, slightly hesitantly, to the stranger, “… despite whatever the person next to me is blabbering” , they added, bending their lips into a polite smile, seemingly warming up to the situation, “Are you a traveller like us?” , they asked out of curiosity.

@idiot.exe - Nathael
@CrazyCaliope - Marquise

ORP

I’m sorry for not being able to post much here. I had some exams :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes