It seems many children have TVs in their bedrooms. Good idea? Why/why not?

This is a normal occurrence that is in every household around the world. The only parents who do not do this is because either they can’t afford multiple tv’s, they do not use technology much, or they are completely against it. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Sometimes, technology can be too much for younger audiences. Is it a good idea that children have tv’s in their bedrooms? I would have say it depends on the child. For instance, if you have adhd you are suppose to be working on your homework in your bedroom then you would more likely watch the tv versus actually doing your homework. I know this from experience but mine is just ADD though. Also, kids are more likely to stay up watching tv then actually getting the proper sleep they need. Now, the other issue for children is that they need the tv on in order to stay calm, sleep, or even function daily most times. This is because they usually rely on the tv to get through the day. This is the bad part because they will become addicted to the tv instead of doing what they actually need to do. As I said before, it really depends on the child when it comes to the conclusion that a tv is a bad or good idea in the bed room.

What do you think? Is a tv in the bedroom for kids a good idea or bad idea? Do you have conditions about this?

@ Discussions

4 Likes

The concept of people having TVs and using them is weird to me. I just use my computer. I mean, I can’t say much cuz I use it 24/7 lol.

1 Like

Lol yeah, that is true. I use both most of the time.

One thing I don’t do tho is use my phone whenever I’m out somewhere with people. Unless I’m comfortable and super bored, usually I’m way too excited to even look at my phone lol. Even if it’s literally going to the doctor’s.

1 Like

I only use my phone when no one is talking to me. If they do talk to me I put it down.

1 Like

I had a TV and a computer in my room when I was a kid/teen.

1 Like

Yep, me too but I had a tendency to go into my room play video games and not come out until dinner time then I would go back up after sitting down to chat. I have broken this habit though which is good.

2 Likes

Oh, then I have reverted, 'cause that’s what I want to do.

1 Like

Lol nice!

1 Like

I don’t even watch TV these days…

2 Likes

I was never allowed one :]
idk if I’d let my kids have one, there’s rlly no need. if they rlly want to they can use their computer, I’m not buying a whole TV for just one child’s use

2 Likes

In terms of a TV in my room there isn’t really any room for one so I don’t know whether I would be allowed or not even as a child.

I see people mention having computers in their room and I was only allowed to take my phone to my room last year when I was 18. My parents don’t believe kids should be given privacy with things that have access to the internet and until recently my Dad turned the wifi off every night so it’s not like I could use my laptop or tablet to watch anything.

2 Likes

It depends on the child of course, but I personally feel that it’s perfectly fine for a kid to have a tv in their room. I’ve always had a tv in my room, for as long as I can remember, and every night I’ll turn on a movie I know to fall asleep to. (I hate the silence, and the tv also keeps the room from being too dark. But I have to have the tv on, preferably a movie and one that I know well/really like) Then during the day when I’m doing stuff in my room or another part of the house I’ve always had the tv on, whether I was watching it or simply had it on in the background while I’ve done other things.

2 Likes

I can understand that. I moved my tv out of my bedroom so I could have more space. Also, it keeps my sister and nephew out of the room when they watch something when I’m trying to sleep. I’m a light sleeper in certain ways. My father wasn’t as strict as that so I never had that issue.

1 Like

My sister is the same way when it comes to needing the tv on. My grandmother use to leave the tv on when I was a kid. She still does it now when she goes to bed.

My sister and my brother has tv in their room.

1 Like

added a tag ^~^

I think children having TVs in their bedroom is fine; it can help with entertainment and other stuff if you aren’t able to do that yourself, though I think there should still be some kind of parental guidance to that :eyes:

2 Likes

There is nothing wrong with that. It’s more on what the child does than anything else.

1 Like

Bruh same

2 Likes

Even though they still have the volume up past midnight :clock12:.

1 Like