James Cameron's Avatar: Way of the Water

When I first watched James Cameron’s first Avatar movie, I thought “Wow, James Cameron totally watched Dances with Wolves and Ferngully in the early 90s and decided ‘I am going to fuse both of them together and toss in sci-fi while I’m at it!’”

While there is very little that can convince me otherwise, I actually don’t really care. Avatar, as a whole, is different enough for me to not consider it a carbon copy. I will accept the fusion/conglomeration as it is. As my friends and I wholeheartedly agree, Neytiri carries the sh*t out of the movie and it’s worth seeing just for her as a character.

That being said, I can’t freaking wait for the sequel!! I feel like a child who just found the number one thing I want to unwrap during Christmas! So, to those of you who have NOT seen the first Avatar…watch it, it’s quite entertaining and the world itself is beautiful, as is Neytiri as a whole. Enjoy! Then, come back in December after watching the sequel to watch me ramble like a fanatic maniac about it! :laughing:

3 Likes

The first Avatar movie is truly amazing in my opinion. There’s a reason it’s one of the highest grossing films of all time

And I’m soooo excited for the sequel to finally be coming out in December!

1 Like

I can’t wait to be confused at which Avatar people are talking about because they’re making another ATLA live action thing.

1 Like

LMAO! I actually want to see live action ATLA too! An actually DECENT one…

1 Like

What?! Wow.

1 Like

I watched Avatar for the first time a few months ago and I will say that it was way better than I expected it to be

I’m really interested to see what the sequel will be like

1 Like

Now go watch Ferngully and Dances with Wolves. :rofl: