Japanese Self-Study Group + More

PLEASE ASK BEFORE JOINING OR ELSE I WILL HAVE TO KICK UNFAMILIAR ACCOUNTS!

Japanese Self Study Group
こんにちは フレンズ!
This is our Japanese Self Study Group chat, your first assignment is already up!

Google Classroom Invite: https://classroom.google.com/c/MTU0NDYzNTI2NzE5?cjc=qda6gxc

Your textbooks (Including your new one) is up. You now have a total of two textbooks, one by Genki and another one by Konomi. I also have Genki 2nd edition when you complete the first edition! By the time we complete the first Genki book you should be prepared for the N5 fluency test and when we finish the second edition + some grammar points you should be prepared for the N4 fluency test!

Two Valuable Rescources
https://www.wordreference.com/enit/ - Is basically an online English-Japanese dictionary
https://forvo.com/ - Basically pronounces many Japanese words so you can listen and repeat (but not the Kana).

Japanese
@Soleil :sparkles:
@Jass :sun_behind_large_cloud:
@unsungcheerio
@Caticorn
@DazzledSnowFlake
@himynameisaria
@passionfruit
@raviola

7 Likes

Zoom sessions or no?

So I’m thinking we could have zoom sessions to practice our speaking and just talk about the material in general. You don’t need to share your face or have your actual names but you will need a zoom account. We’ll be using it for tests and quizzes, as welll as me inviting some native speakers to come speak with us! Would you guys want to do something like that?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Tags

Japanese
@unsungcheerio
@Caticorn
@DazzledSnowFlake
@himynameisaria
@passionfruit

2 Likes

If we keep zoom classes won’t the timings be a problem I mean I’m from India and all are from different countries. Also I’m working from home. If you keep call, if possible, can you record it as well and provide us, who can’t join?

3 Likes

Yep that’s what I was planning, (it’s what my teachers do) I’ll be recording the zoom calls and putting them on the classroom.

2 Likes

(This won’t be a must) but I’m free starting 2020-09-10T17:15:00Z I’ll be opening up a zoom class and if you guys want to talk about the lesson on the classroom or about the JPLT N5 or anything relating to Japanese (future lessons, culture, future book club) or anything it’ll be open and ready for you guys <3

4 Likes

Thank you so much :grin: I couldn’t say this to you yesterday Sorry it was just a bad day for me you are doing an amazing job! Especially for people like me who is fond of learning new languages, interested in others cultures. Also for students, it’s very thoughtful of you :grin::yellow_heart: I wish you will succeed in this and do more of what you love.

1 Like

I would join, but I’m not sure, talking in English just scares me. Haha, everyone only sees my level of writing which is pretty good but speaking is on a way lower level and that just makes me nervous :grimacing:

1 Like

Aww, thank you :heart: It really no issue haha. I enjoy helping others and I’m self-studying on a few languages along with you guys so it’s always nice to have some buddies in doing so.

:eyes: Practice makes perfect and there’s a chat box on zoom you can type into

2 Likes

I guess if it’s just a small group I will be fine, so I will be there prepare for the worst accent ever tho

1 Like

Oh shiz wait like in ten minutes

1 Like

yeah you can join-

whoohooo :partying_face:

1 Like

:eyes: Yes, although it’s not mandatory and I’ll have another official zoom meeting when I can cordinate with everyone.

1 Like

Damn well I think I’m eating soon tho with the fam and definitely can’t do a zoom call at the dinner table in front of them :full_moon_with_face: that’d be a mess

Ahhh guess I’ll join the next one then ://

2 Likes

Awww, )): Next time then <3

1 Like

Optional zoom meeting link: https://psd202.zoom.us/j/89484242064?pwd=OW1PbFpOSHR1Nlp3amRFcGxnQjU5dz09

@Jass :eyes: @whoeverelse wants to join until 12:45
@Caticorn
@DazzledSnowFlake
@himynameisaria
@passionfruit

2 Likes

Oh wait like rn- :eyes:

I have class for like the next 2 hrs :cry: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

:sob: :sob: Aww okay

1 Like

Zoom Timings.

Now that we’ve decided to do zoom meeting we want to decide what time we’re free at relatively the same time. So share estimares of the times you’ll be free throughout the week or on what days. Mention your timezones!!

I will have time from

12:15 - 12:40 (CST)
2:15 - 4: 00 (CST)

Summary

Japanese
@unsungcheerio
@Caticorn
@DazzledSnowFlake
@himynameisaria
@passionfruit