Just a Little MMO Rant

I had to get this off my chest because it’s been bugging me for months. I absolutely love Final Fantasy 14. It’s the game I play the most, it might well be my favourite of all time. But my original account on the game was hacked a while ago, and the most that was done about it was that it was basically just closed off. For those of you who don’t play MMOs, that’s 4 years of hard work down the drain.

I’ve started a new account and luckily they have level and story skips and stuff like that. But my main class (still my main class, no one can stop me) is monk, and on my new character, it’s level 63 because it let me skip to 60. On my old I was at 70 ;__; And now the level cap is 80…

Well, here’s a couple of comparisons and stuff to help me feel better…

My old monk's stats... They were so high last year >.<

All the classes I'd levelled on that old character. Back when the cap was 70

Screenshot_38

All the classes I have now. The cap is now 80 :c

All of my mounts and minions on that old character (These take so long to get)

All my mounts and minions now

Screenshot_43

Minions are basically pets. They’re purely aesthetic, and they’re there for their cute animations. But some of them are veery rare, and it took me ages to get that collection to the point it was at. It’s that mounts and minions comparison that really gets me, that’s gonna take the longest to get back up to where it was. Some of those mounts require you to do the hardest fights in the game over, and over, and over again.

But yeah. That’s where I’m at with online gaming at the moment. Needless to say I didn’t like MMOs in general for a couple of months. This had really, really p*ssed me off. But I got the game on a new account and the two expansions that were out as a Christmas gift. Getting back into it ended up being super fun and I’m having a great time! But losing all that effort and time is draining. Even if this new start has its benefits.

5 Likes

:open_mouth:

1 Like

And now we can play together :innocent:

2 Likes

And it’s been soooo good :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

That really sucks. At least you can play it now. I just logged back into my account and apparently my previous character is gone. I just had to make a new one.

2 Likes

It sucks, I was so excited for Shadowbringers as well, but I need to wait until I get more money >.<

You can’t see it on Lodestone but I had also done most of the Savage raids as well :upside_down_face: So that’s a ton of stress and time with bad parties down the drain.

At least I have Shannii to play it with, her first time through has been so fun to watch. And helping someone through learning their class and stuff is super nostalgic

2 Likes

Hey at least (if you have Shadowbringers, idk) you can make a new character one of the new races! The big burly furries are hilarious. And the bunnies are real rad too. I’ve been a cat girl for like 5 years and it’ll never change :’)

2 Likes

Yeah, I made a keeper of the moon cat girl. I will need to buy the new expansion packs soon.

1 Like

I’ve heard Shadowbringers is even better than Heavensward and Stormblood so I’m super into it. I loved Stormblood

1 Like

Cool, I never played those before.

1 Like

@ShanniiWrites

Which server do you two play on?

1 Like

Currently? Lamia! :smiley:

1 Like

Nice! I’m on Sirens!

1 Like

Awesome! They have cross-world parties now, should party up sometime :eyes:

1 Like

I didn’t know that! Maybe we should!

1 Like

I’m still very much interested in this :eyes:

2 Likes

I’m still interested in this too! I will have to wait until I get my computer back from being repaired though. I send it off tomorrow. Not looking forward to seeing what happens.

1 Like

What’s wrong with it?

2 Likes

The back of the left hing broke. So the screen is acting like it’s going to break off. The screen is pulling away from the base of the laptop. Ironically, the computer still works like that hasn’t happened.

2 Likes