Just Another School for the Gifted || OFFICIAL THREAD

The person looked quite disappointed that Skye didn’t have another weapon, and Skye sighed. “I’m sorry. I can blind them, though.” she explained, listening to what they could do. “Healing comes in handy. Oh, this is probably useless because we might die, but I’m Skye.” She said, holding a hand out.
@Acorn06 - Wren

2 Likes

“Hello.” Lynn jumped at the sound of a voice next to them, saying that they owed them for swamping their…kids? Whatever that meant. They turned, seeing a kid with an Irish accent in a wheelchair. “Fair enough. I should’ve been more careful. Sorry.” They nodded when Crow introduced themselves, glad that they didn’t extend a hand. “Lynn. Now…look out!” Lynn created another tornado, drowning the Enemy that was headed towards Crow. “Let’s maybe not die.”
@Acorn06 - Crow

2 Likes

“YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND! NO ONE DOES!” She yelled as she tossed an Enemy overhead with ease. “Do you have any idea what it’s like having your emotions dialed up to 12, everyday? No, because the universe thinks I’m one big joke! That on top of my power, I can only feel things strongly. What should be a simple crush becomes passionate, dangerous obsession, a moment of anger into a sea of boiling rage, a healthy flicker of fear into unstoppable nightmares, I see something I want and I get greedy, and so on. Do you know what that means? I could never love anyone, never get angry even for a second or risk wiping the object of my anger from existence,” She said as she wiped the next two Enemies from existence, casually proving her point.Paraminta then delivered what appeared to be an ultimatum. Aurora whipped her attention back to the girl. “WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO? WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I GO THROUGH AND YOU WANT ME TO CALM DOWN?! MAYBE I SHOULD TEACH YOU SOME MANNERS! Red vapor seemed to be coming from her eyes, as if it wasn’t enough that they were glowing red. Aurora rose into the air and warped herself a twin who was just as enraged as the original. Both girls spoke simultaneously with what sounded like a single voice, "YOU WANT ME TO NOT BE ANGRY? THEN MAKE ME!"

@GlitterFist ~ Paraminta

3 Likes

Paraminta looked up at Aurora- Or actually, the Auroras- who were floating in the air, venting their frustrations in unison. Paraminta listened to them, nodding silently whenever she felt she needed to. “That sounds so hard. It really does. Everything you feel being so intense… I wouldn’t be able to handle it. I barely even feel anything, so I know that I can’t empathize with you, but I do sympathize with you. I’m so sorry that you go through that every day.”

In the deep pockets of the loose sweater jacket that hung down to her ankles, Paraminta started digging around. “I have something in here. It always makes me feel better when I need it.” The clattering of china let her know that she’d found what she’d been searching for. Out of her pocket she pulled a small blue teacup. It was roughed up, chipped and cracked, but still functional and it could still hold plenty. There was still a small puddle at her feet from the flood that the hydrokinetic had caused. She knelt down and filled the cup with water, and as soon as the water was inside the cup, it began to heat up and steam.

“I know it’s not much, but would you like some tea?” She asked. “Don’t worry about the battle, there’s plenty of other people who can get rid of those things. Just take a step back, if you want to.” She held the cup out to her- Them?- and smiled a bit. “What’s your favorite flavor?”

@Bluecookies

2 Likes

WREN ALMSLY

“I’m sorry. I can blind them, though. Healing comes in handy. Oh, this is probably useless because we might die, but I’m Skye.”
Skye held out a hand to Wren, which they hesitantly accepted, doing a swift scan through her body as they did so. A small bruise on her leg, swiftly transferred to Wren’s, but nothing more. Good. I’m not in the mood for disabling myself in this situation.
“I’m Wren,” They replied, giving them a small, half hearted smile. Wren’s eyes widened slightly as they saw yet another enemy behind Skye, taking note of the pair. “…and maybe we should avoid being killed,” They said, dragging Skye with them as they stepped to the side quickly, kicking the Enemy away from them in the hopes that that’d give Sky enough time to deal with it.

@Ouijaloveletters - Skye

CROW FALLIS

Lynn, as she introduced herself as, spoke shortly, never really saying more than a few words per sentence. Fair enough, Crow thought, considering the circumstances.
“Let’s maybe not die.”
Crow froze as Lynn created some water tornado, drowning the enemy. “Sweet mother of the lord who is clearly not giving f^cks about us today.” Crow was far from Christian, but sometimes naming long deity titles was good for stress relief. “Yea, let’s not die.” They said, a tad breathlessly. “Give me a moment, I’m gonna try something, don’t let anyone kill me.”
Closing their eyes, Crow returned to their mental place, with Death’s Door. Walking to it, quite angrily this time, they kicked it open.
Sh!t. Never done this before.
Walking in, Crow surveyed this new sight. Ah yes.
Hello Death. They said, walking inside. The hooted specter said nothing, standing a few metres away.
Ok. Sorry to intrude and all, but I need something better than five year olds. Come on. Jokes over, @ssh0le.
Still nothing but silence. Oh come on, can I have something more?
After a long pause, the specter slowly nodded.
Thank you. Flipping the guy off, Crow opened their eyes, happy the see twenty more threads attached to their hands, and wispy forms emerging into… Dogs. And Death couldn’t even be bothered to give Crow som nice, big dogs - or even better, wolves. No. He had given them yappy, good for nothing Terriers, pugs, chihuahuas and literally any dog smaller than a foot tall.
“D-mn B@st@rd!” Crow yelled through gritted teeth. As if Death could hear them, 10 of the dogs disappeared, replaced by large, terrifying looking wolves.
“Ok that’s a bit better.”
Crow kept two of the wolves near themselves an Lynn, sending the rest off, including the yappy little things, to join the 5yr olds in swarming the Enemy.
“What do you think?” They asked, turning to Lynn. “I got a miniature army here, even if Death is being a bit of a d!ck and giving me stupid troops.”

@Ouijaloveletters - Lynn

2 Likes

They accepted Skye’s hand, introducing themselves as Wren. She looked down where a bruise on her leg was, noticing the pain was gone. Skye was about to thank Wren when she was suddenly yanked to the side, looking slightly confused. She noticed the Enemies and quickly lit up, stunning them before slicing them in half. “Thanks. I don’t really want to die.”
@Acorn06 - Wren

Crow let out a long swear, and Lynn’s mouth twitched up slightly. That was honestly kinda funny to them. Crow said they were going to try something, and ti not let them die. Lynn nodded, as Crow went still. They kept the Enemies away while Crow did whatever they were doing. Soon, several large, spectral wolves, and some…not so large dogs appeared as Crow opened their eyes. “Wow. That’s cool.” Lynn gasped, laughing at Crow’s annoyance. “At least they’re not mice.” they snickered.
@Acorn06 - Crow

2 Likes

The Auroras looked at each other in confusion, “What?” She listened to Paraminta, “What, I practically told you I could erase you from existence and you’re not angry?” She lowered herself to where she was just hovering off the ground. She continued to listen as Paraminta offered her tea and friendship. The red aura had dissipated by now and in it’s place was a light blue aura, one of hope. The other Aurora had been erased from reality as they talked and Aurora calmed down. “I actually like hot chocolate with whipped cream on the bottom to perfect the temperature and more whipped cream on the top for drinking, with a pinch of cinnamon. My family and most people I’ve met find that weird. I guess it’s just a little quirk of mine.” She took apart her braid and rebraided it over and over. “I’m sorry about what happened, really I am, I just can’t always control how I feel, you know?”

@GlitterFist ~ Paraminta

1 Like

WREN ALMSLY

Wren stood very still for a moment as Skye glowed very brightly. It took a moment for the light blindness to fade from her eyes, but Wren was still seeing floaters for a while longer. “Okay, you’re gonna have to warn me before you do that,” They said, shaking their head in an attempt to rid themselves of the floaters.
“No worries,” They added, as Skye thanked them. Hopefully that healing business went unnoticed, they thought to themselves, remembering Adam’s reaction at finding out their powers. Shuddering, Wren looked around at all the other students battling monsters as if it was some kind of game. “Remind me why we’re doing this, again?” Wren muttered to themselves. Sure, some kind of initiation thing to a new year or whatnot, but come on. Did the faculty not pause to think that maybe not all of the students had destructive powers?

@Ouijaloveletters - Skye

CROW FALLIS

“At least they’re not mice.”
Crow scoffed. “Don’t even joke. You’ll give him ideas.” chuckling, Crow watched contentedly as their summonings demolished Enemy after Enemy. It took a moment for them to register the strain on their mind that holding so many souls on Earth caused. This is going to develop into a nasty headache if I keep it up much longer.
Rolling their shoulders, Crow stretched their neck for a moment, unsure of what to say, or do for that matter. Summoning an animal army had been a good distraction, buut it’s not like it had lasted very long.

@Ouijaloveletters - Lynn

2 Likes

Paraminta smiled, a slightly sad and sympathetic smile. “You’re scared, you’re freaked out. And I don’t blame you. You have the power to break the world. It’s a huge weight for someone to have on their shoulders, I know.”

“Hot chocolate it is.” She handed Aurora the teacup, and by the time it touched her hands the warm water inside had transformed into delightful smelling coco. “Whipped cream on top, whipped cream on bottom, a little bit of cinnamon. Did I get that right?” She asked.

“You don’t have to apologize for your emotions. I don’t think people should ever have to apologize for how they feel.” Paraminta assured her. “Sometimes I get scared, too. Sometimes our power just doesn’t really feel like something anyone should have. So I kinda know how you feel.”

Paraminta chuckled a bit. “Hey, don’t ever tell anyone that we had this sappy conversation, okay? It would ruin my ‘mysterious quiet girl’ look.”

@Bluecookies

2 Likes

Aurora nodded, “If I was scared the glow would be black.” She laughed softly, “Yes, you did. You got it just right.” She listened to Paraminta and nodded. “Yea, but I guess we have it for a reason. Maybe one day we’ll figure out what that reason is.” She laughed softly as the battle continued raging around them, “What conversation? I have no idea what you’re talking about.” She winked and nodded understanding about the rep.

@GlitterFist ~ Paraminta

2 Likes

cooltext378602961790611
Power: Reactive Adaption

He really wasn’t imagining it. There stood a guy wearing white mixed with shadows. Valerius didn’t understand the clash of colors. Couldn’t he wear black on top of black? Yeah, Valerius assumed that would look one-hundred percent better. Val didn’t hold eye contact. Instead, he lingered his eyes on the guy’s clothes.

" char(73) char(65)char(77)… Sorry. I am Valerius. . . Umm. The teachers. Call… Call. Call me Val for short. Val," Valerius stumbled. All the years of practice always failed during this time. “Sorry. Sorry. My power. power is reactive adaptation. Reactive adaptation is pretty… random. yeah.”

@Acorn06 (Matthew).

cooltext378598669483347
Power: Distant Manipulation

Lent saw the guy flying above the air and slightly hesitated. Kid Lent never seen before. Seems like he has some type of flight power. He’s not sprouting wings, so maybe he’s hiding his real ability. Whatever the case, this guy could have saved Lent instead of waiting until the water disappeared.

"Thanks for the help… The birds are still up there. Can you take them out since you can fly? Disgusting, asking for help like this. To only be able to run away from the Enemy. Lent detested everything about this but could do absolutely nothing about it.

@GlitterFist (Flying guy).

2 Likes

“Fly up and get them?” Ralf asked inquisitively. He looked up at the bird Enemies and titled his head. Would someone really just give up kills like that? He studied the boy more closely and noticed the sour look on his face. He looked insecure…

Of course. Ralf suddenly realized. Not everyone can float. It must be embarrassing to be defenseless against those things.

“How about I bring them down here and we can share?” Ralf asked. Before the boy could say anything, he raised his palms into the sky before thrusting them quickly towards the ground, strengthening the pull of gravity on everything within five miles of him. The bird Enemies came tumbling out of the sky, stranded on the ground without their greatest asset- Their wings. Ralf looked to the boy and grinned. “You first!”

@Tellyg47

1 Like

MATTHEW JACKSON

Matthew watched the guy’s face curiously as he refused to make eye contact. Was he nervous? Lying? Confused, Matthew decided to wait and see if he could learn anything more about this curious fellow, who seemed to be examining Matthew’s choice of outfit.
" char(73) char(65)char(77)… Sorry. I am Valerius. . . Umm. The teachers. Call… Call. Call me Val for short. Val,"
Matthew paused for a moment as he processed Val’s fumbling of words. Nerves or a stutter. I don’t even know what that first bit was.
“Is English your second language or something?” Matthew asked, a tad bluntly. He wasn’t often like that, but truth be told, he didn’t know how else to communicate with this Valerius.
As an Enemy approached from the left, Matthew resisted the urge to hop on its back and kill it that way. You are engaging in conversation. Now is not the time to be impulsive. You can do that in a bit. Matthew told himself, exhaling slowly. He extended his shadows to include Val also, negating the need for Val to have to use powers to see him.
“Sorry. Sorry. My power. power is reactive adaptation. Reactive adaptation is pretty… random. yeah.”
“Huh, yea clearly.” Matthew whistled. “So you’re like, invincible?” He asked, curious. “Like, your body senses something it needs to do for you to be safe and boom - so it’s impossible for someone to hurt you without taking you completely by surprise. Rad.” Knowing full well that he was rambling a bit, Matthew waited for Val’s response, somewhat impatiently.

@Tellyg47 - Valerius

2 Likes

JESSICA HUNTER

The moment Igor had finished speaking she had shifted and took to the sky. She didn’t really care about desert, but figured this could be a decent opportunity to hone her skills. She circled the battle ground , looking for enemies that were tough enough to defeat, but not so difficult she could die.

She’d been made to attend to this ceremony before and every year they were twice as hard, She wondered if by her final year they would be impossible. But this was not her final year. It was easily to tell who was new and who wasn’t as all the freshmen clumped together as the seniors spread out so they could get the highest body count. The monsters however were stumbling in an erratic mess , trying to ravage the battlefield without even the illusion of strantegy, luckily Jess had already found her prey.

They were the size of 3 basketball players and were pracitally made of muscle and claws. it had Pitch black eyes twitching around as drool poured from it’s fangs. It was powerful, but she could tell by its aimless wandering and short attention span that it was not impossible to defeat. And best of all it was all alone , meaning she didn’t have to acquaintance herself with any newbies or enimies.

She flapped her wings to rise in the air by five and dove towards the giant’s head talons-first while counting in her head.

10…9…8…7

She had to time this properly or risk breaking all her bones.

6…5…4

She leaned forward with all her might, aiming for the name of his or her neck

3…2…1

Without a second to spare she shifted back to her human form, flipping in a somersault. She kicked her poison-tipped dagger into the palm of her hand and used her momentum to create a ring of death around her .

She landed on the creature, the weight and force of her body snapped its spine in half. The blade cut into it’s back and sliced it’s skin open like warm butter. It’s blood bubbled and frothed with the poison and in about 15 minutes it was dead. Jessica glowed with satisfaction at the sight of a job well done (it was almost enough for her to ignore the stinging soles of her feet).

APPOROCHABLE

3 Likes

Skye flushed when Wren asked her to warn them when she lit up. “Oh, sorry. Are you ok?” She asked, looking slightly concerned. Skye saw some more Enemies coming, tensing up. “Wren, close your eyes.” She instructed, glowing brightly. She stunned the monsters, slicing them in half. “Hey, if you want, I can give you the knife and I can stun them. I figure you feel kinda left out, so you can stab.”
@Acorn06 - Wren

Crow scoffed at their comment, telling them not to joke. “Oh. He’d actually do that. Death has a sense of humor.” Lynn was actually surprising themselves. They didn’t really talk much, because if they did, their dad would get angry that they were interrupting his tv show. Then things would get violent. Crow stretched, and both watched the spirits obliterate the monsters. It was quite interesting to watch. Lynn placed a hand on Crow’s wheelchair, slightly leaning against it.
@Acorn06 - Crow

2 Likes

Elizabeth Mable

Elizabeth sat down against the base of a tree and opened up a fresh journal her parents had gotten her for her birthday. She smiled slightly as she imagined the possibilities and the stories she could write in her journal. I should start off small first, just to get a feel for the paper… Elizabeth grabbed her pen and began to write her first entry, a diary entry.

Today is January 1st, 2120. The beginning of a new year, and of a new school year for the students of PCEA- the Prodigy Cultivation and Enrichment Academy where I will be attending for the first time

Against the tree, Elizabeth watched as students checked in at the gate and introduced themselves and their powers briefly so they were allowed onto the campus. Elizabeth quickly wrote down a student’s name in her book.

Skye Alberts , blessed with the power to manipuate light. She seems kind of like a cool person to hang with.

Elizabeth watched as some teacher unleashed a bunch of monsters onto the crowd. What the heck is wrong with this guy?! She watched as two girls began fighting and teaming up against the monsters. Elizabeth smirked and quickly wrote down what just happened in her book before writing that the tree reached down and and offered it’s branch as a bow and some arrows appeared in her bag. She blinked and instantly the tree bent over. It was time to kill some monsters

Approchable? She will jump in when needed
@Ouijaloveletters Skye - Mentioned

3 Likes

cooltext378598669483347
Power: Distant Manipulation

“Well. Yes, I would like you to help me out,” what a dumbfounded question Lent just answered. Lent couldn’t figure out exactly why that question was asked until he finally glancing at the teachers. Their smiling faces annoyed him, but he got the clue. “You’re talking about points right. They aren’t important to me since my first year here. Some small kid sucked all the Enemies into a black hole like it was nothing. That’s when I realize that…”

The flying guy must have gotten the wrong idea because the lad pulled the birds down. With pure hatred, he would add. “You know. Newton’s laws of gravity say you could suffocate them and let me get the last hit. Not saying I’m not thankful, but THEY CAN STILL FIGHT!” Sighing, Lent walked towards the monsters. He grabbed a rock off the ground and looked at the freak. Guess I have no choice. Both Lent and the clown ran at each other. The clown went in for a heavy hook with its right tridactyl. Lent jumped on top of the tridactyl, using it as a trampoline to soar. Before the clown could counter, Lent was bulleting down, rock leading the way.

“This is worse than I thought,” Lent said, climbing out of the two-part bird/clown/enemy. He got one, and the flying guy got however many he wanted.

@GlitterFist (flying guy).

2 Likes

Ralf watched the boy for a second. His brow furrowed. Why wasn’t he using his powers? Wasn’t that the whole point of the battle? Turning the gravity even stronger and crushed the remaining Enemies into the ground, he floated down to the ground.

“Are you okay?” He asked him. “Why aren’t you using your powers?”

@Tellyg47

1 Like

2c4cae10887cf78726907b47d824c23b

Kim stood in front of the large stage, already knowing a challenge was going to happen before the teachers even said anything. She had been through this routine time and time again, she just couldn’t wait to see the looks on the new students faces while fighting. Soon enough the tarp was pulled and the monsters came flooding out. She was feeling very intimidated especially since the monsters were way larger than her, but she wanted to fight them with ease and not get too nervous. One of the monsters ran towards her, so she landed a few kicks and punches on it, and finished it off with a dash of heat from her hands. The monster fell back and stumbled until it fell down after a final kick. Suddenly, another monster grabbed her shoulders from behind. She immediately screamed out loud and then instinctively darted behind a tree. There, she noticed multiple students struggling but there were also many that were holding their own, like one of the girls who just brutally killed one. (Jess) She looked over to her right and saw Jahzara sitting down on the grass with a monster running her way. She wanted to see if she could easily fight it off but she could tell that she wasn’t prepared for this. She cringed while looking on to see how the girl would handle the interaction and if she should help or not.

@Kristi - Jahzara Mentioned
@Some_Kid - Jessica Mentioned

3 Likes

Jahzara, closed her eyes tightly, standing up as she felt the presence of a monster running her way. In truth, Jahzara was not prepared for this, unlike the other children, she didn’t have training from her early age- where would she even get this training? From her father who abused her or from her mother who was lovely but weak and defenseless?

However, Jahzara wasn’t going down without a fight. She turned her palms into a fist, her eyes still closed and her face in its usual scowl.

The monster came charging towards her quickly, she could feel it from the metals underground reacting to the monster charging furiously. Nervously (though no one could tell she was nervous from the scowl on her face) she opened her eyes and too her luck, she had summoned a knife. If she could come close to the monster, she probably could give it a good scar and-

“OUCH!” Jazhara, screamed, her scowl turning into a look of surprised as the monster knocked her off her feet. Jahzara, scrambled to stand, still holding her knife and ran to hide- this wasn’t a good look on her cold personal image the school knows her for, but did she care? Not really as right now she needed to protect herself. She can worry about her image later.

She walked backwards and stumbled upon a person. She looked at the person’s face and her face turned into a scowl again, it was Kim Akagi, a girl in her class.

@Kbail -Kim mentioned

3 Likes