Las Levendas REBOOT - Offical Thread

Archer
“Exactly why do you want to know the what? I mean I feel the what is kind of clear.” He he sat down in the grass and pulled out a notebook it was covered in a series of numbers scrawled out in the messiest hand writing imaginable. “I mean we all have to start some where maybe apples and bread is where I started. Maybe that was my beginnings or maybe not.” He was starting to not feel as unthreatened by this man maybe it was the sudden change of air that their disagreement had brought on or maybe it was something else. “Or what if im not a hacker what were you thinking?” He asked simply curious as to hear the man’s train of though. “I mean it is possible I could be anything. I mean isn’t that what we are all told constantly as children?” Archer smiled. He was starting to like that despite the fact that he thought what he had done and would do was obvious just from his actions alone the man had to think it through still.
@Meekepeek

2 Likes

“Just curiosity I guess and knowing who I’m getting myself in contact with,” I said with a shrug. “It’s good to make allies, but dangerous to make have the wrong ones” I explained and looked at him as he sat down on the icy grass. “But how are you going to protect them all?” I asked. “People are disappearing, gone without a trace, not to mention it’s getting cold and it will only get colder,” I said. “you need connections too if you want to really help them” I explained.
@bpalmer

2 Likes

Archer
“Well I feel like you have something in mind.” He said as he opened his notebook and pulled out a red and green pen. “Whey dont you tell me a little about yourself. I mean you already know im a sad excuse seeing as im an orphan hacker.” He pulled up the hood of his sweat shirt. The air was chilled but Robin didn’t mind the chill was like a rush of adrenaline for him. It reminded him he was alive. “I know people are disappearing and they are easy targets but they have made it through winters before. The older kids pick up jobs here and their I help when I can manage to find a decent back door. However from how you asked you have a plan. You mentioned allies are you propositioning for something?”
@Meekepeek

2 Likes

I shake my head. “I wing things…no pun intended, but when I do, I like to keep my arsenal of connections as full as possible” I explain. “I only have to take care of myself, I won’t disappear, because who would go after a random crow?” I asked. “But I like to know what is going on, there’s something going on and it’s ticking me off” I explain. “also who I am…just a city bird, living and flying” I explain. “No greater role in life, just feeding my own curiosity and trying to not die of boredom” I chuckle
@bpalmer

2 Likes

Archer
He giggled a little bit even if the pun wasn’t intended it softened the mood enough that it made Archer smile. “Crazy as it sounds now that I know it is you I would go after a crow not that it wouldn’t be a random crow you have more depth in your eyes than a normal crow.” He said thinking more to himself than actually trying to tell the man anything. “What do you mean something is ticking you off? I am going to need to have a bit of a clearer description than that im afraid I don’t understand exactly what you are wanting me to tell you about if I dont know what is you want to know about.” He said as he laid down cold ground surrounding him enveloping his being. “I think their is more to you than just some bird that flies around you clearly have more depth than that more to offer as a being than that.” Archer smiled at his sarcastic and snarky answers. It was nice to meat someone that took a little more to get to their core but wasn’t fake or hard to talk to. “So what I piqued your interest in me today? You don’t seem like the type that would blindly follow me hear just because.” He was still smiling the air that had come with their disagreeing views had fallen softly and Archer was relaxed in this man’s presents.
@Meekepeek

2 Likes

I let out a chuckle. “Actually, that is exactly what I did” I said. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m not someone who follows anyone any time nor just show I’m a crow, only if I know for sure that you’re not a threat to me” I explain. “I know this area, and this place but up until now it had no connection to me.” I added. “there are areas that are know to draw bad people. If you took me there, I would’ve flown away.” I tell him before siting on a concrete pole that indicates a waterpipe was underneath us. “You say that you can tell who I am, but that’s only because you pay attention to it. Finding me when I don’t want you to find me, is like looking for a yellow needle in a haystack” I said.
@bpalmer

2 Likes

“Mr. Hook, my son still hasn’t been found, has he?” the crying on the other side of the phone grew louder with each of their conversations. Arthur felt awful about not being able to comfort a woman with good news… and a lie would be even worse than the bitter truth.

“Sorry, we’re doing our best to find him.” Arthur rubbed his sore temples. Fatigue and age left a mark on his face. The wrinkles on the once-handsome face seemed more noticeable than before. The investigation was exhausting him. “Ma’am, I promised to let you know if we would find anything interesting. Our police staff is working really hard to collect as many clues as possible. Unfortunately, at this stage, we do not have enough of them to take further actions." In response, he heard a malicious snort. It gushed with hatred and anger. The woman was fed up with the police… but Arthur wasn’t surprised. He knew what it meant to lose a child. But he had to be professional at work. “Please, ma’am, let us know if you remember anything else from… that night. Every, even the smallest detail, may turn out to be important to the case. Please trust in our skills." he added. “Goodb-” beep. End call sound. Arthur softly sighed as he put the phone down.

They had been looking for the woman’s son for a week now, and to make matters worse, more children went missing last night. The police bent over backwards to find them, but the kidnapper left little to none traces behind. Something that seemed important sometimes turned out to be just a random detail found at the crime scene.

“I need something to drink… some alco-… no… coffee would be good enough,” he muttered under his breath. He left his office. He quickly put on a long black faux leather jacket and headed towards the door. Before leaving, he told his crew that he should be back in a moment.

His legs guided him to a nearby cafe. On his way there, he noticed a group of protesters. He read about them in today’s paper, so he knew what they were fighting for and against whom. He could feel their eyes on him, and the words they shouted became more powerful and personal as he strolled by them. He just hoped they won’t get too involved in the case. It could end badly for either party.

“Good morning. Plain coffee, please. To go.” He smiled and approached the woman standing behind the counter. The barista gave him a doubtful look and proceeded with the order without saying anything. Arthur had seen a face like this many times. There were a lot of rumors about him, and he knew everyone hoped they wouldn’t get back to him. But a policeman’s ears are more sensitive to everything that is being said around. Earlier, the inhabitants spoke about his deteriorating appearance and the genesis of his malaise. Now there were also speculations about his role as a policeman.

Shortly after, Arthur was given hot coffee with cream on top. Without the heart-drawing that could be visible on other customers’ drinks. With a sad grin that was barely visible beneath his thick beard, he paid the barista and left the cafe, slowly making his way back to the police station.

APPROACHABLE

@angelic ~ here’s Arthur’s post!

See @unsungcheerio and @liyahsdiamond? I posted in time! You have nothing on me! Hahaha!

5 Likes

Archer
“That is my skill though finding something that is hidden just below the surface. Hidden in plane sight just undercover.” He says smiling. “Hey can you at least tell my your name or something to call you other than bird man.” He was smiling as he wrote a new string of code down in his notebook. “I mean I don’t know if introduced myself but Im Archer Hood.” he said as he looked up at the man. “Are you cold?”
@Meekepeek

2 Likes

“Sure, but it’s my skill to hide in plain sight so we’ll see,” I said. I then think for a bit but decide to give the guy my name. “Genosta, you can call me Geno too, I don’t care,” I said with a shrug. “And no,” I said. “My body doesn’t really register to be cold or hot,” I said. Probably a side effect of returning from the dead - I added in my head.
@bpalmer

2 Likes

Archer
He smiled when he got his name. “Your name has a nice ring to it. Genosta.” Archer was testing the name out on his lips. “I like that. Well if your not cold then we can stay here for a while longer.” Archer was enjoying being with the other man even if he was a little mysterious. “Anyway what was it that you were trying to figure out earlier Genosta?” He asked as he looked to see where the sun was in the sky.
@Meekepeek

2 Likes

I shrugged. “At this point not much. I’m just curious about the disappearing and keeping my eyes out to witness one is a good aim to entertain myself for a while. Then I’ll decide whenever or not it’s worth the potential danger of figuring more out” I explain. “And after figuring everything out, it will be even better entertainment to see how long it takes for the so-called police to figure it out” I added with a smirk.
@bpalmer

2 Likes

Archer
“Ive kept my eyes out and been on my toes about it myself but I haven’t seen anything.” Archer sat up onto his elbows as they talked. “Genosta you seem to do everything for entertainment.” He said simply as a statement more than anything else. “I bet it takes a while for the police to figure anything out nothing against the police but they seem spread thin.” He was still writing his code out as he laid propped up on one elbow. “Tell me more about you please Genosta.”
@Meekepeek

2 Likes

I shrugged. “Well yeah, I don’t have any other reasons to do anything,” I said. "I don’t need to pay rent since I can sleep nice and warm as a bird, I don’t need money for food since I only need a few pieces of fruit as a human and I get enough to live like a bird, I don’t have other people I bother to take care off, so what else am I suppose to do? "I asked.
“There isn’t much more to it. I’m a living body that turns into a bird and just looks at the world as a show” I repeated with a shrug.
@bpalmer

2 Likes

Archer
“How old are you? You seem young as in your build and how you dress but you act old. Like you have a really old soul.” He said as he closed the notebook and sat up. “Your easy to talk to.” Archer was smiling still their was something about Genosta that made talking to and being around him feel simple.
@Meekepeek

2 Likes

“I had to come for a rehearsal, but I still managed to be a few minutes late.”

“Heh, not surprised.” he scoffed. It wasn’t unusual of him coming late, but forgetting about meeting up was too much, “Yeah, yeah, save your excuses. At least, I got to drink something good. Even though Giggly Juice–” he stifled a laugh, trying not to smile at the ridiculous name of the bar and continued, “–is a bit… run-down, the drinks are amazing.”

“Also, what are you singing?” he grabbed the scrambled paper Bill was holding and skimmed through the lyrics. “Have a Cheeky Christmas-” he already knew the song was going to be crappy. “Did… you write… these?” he asked. If he had actually written these, Mikhael was going to judge him really badly.

“Anythin’ interestin’ happened in 'dis godforsaken hole?”

“Nothing too interesting… I called up my other friend after an hour of waiting. You know James, right? So… he came, we drank, behaved like idiots, and now I don’t know where he is!”

@sunflower.flow ~ Bill Gilbert Jangles
@Lady_Cannella ~ BAR BUDDY

Gothel came back, holding a tray of sweet-smelling pastries. Thei tried really hard to not get tempted by those. She knew what was really in them. “Ah, Of course, I remember you, darling. How could I forget you?” Thei was glad she hadn’t forgotten her. It would’ve been a lot more awkward if she had.

She complimented her coat and lightly brushed the smooth sleeves. Of course, the old young goddess didn’t mind. Compliments and praises were always welcome. Everyone in Olympus adored her because of her beauty. But… there were times where they were annoying.

“It’s too bad I can’t afford anything close to this. Anyhow, what brings you here today?”

“You know you can always ask, right Gothel? I have far too many clothes… and I wouldn’t mind giving some away ~” she smiled and paused for a second before answering her question, “I have a lot of time on my hands and decided to explore the city a bit more. What about you? How’s business?”

@Kbail ~ Mother Gothel

2 Likes

I shrugged. “Somewhere around 23 I think, I lost count at some point” I said simply. “You would think someone who doesn’t talk to people a lot wouldn’t be, huh?” I asked and Looked at him. “How come you didn’t scare of when a guy who turns from a bird to a human and that looked like me?” I asked curiously.
@bpalmer

2 Likes

Archer
“Oh wow then your not much older than me.” He sat up and closed his notebook. "I dont know I mean your not scary. I guess is the only reason i have. “I mean i know their a quite a few people around here with magic so the crow part really doesn’t bother me. And i dont know i guess your just you and i like your personality.” He was happy to be talking with Genosta. “What did you want me to run away or something are you not enjoying my company?” He asked as he smirked a little.
@Meekepeek

2 Likes

I chuckled. “Wouldn’t be the first, isn’t going to be the last” I said with a shrug. “People usually don’t trust those who hide behind masks, only difference with me is that I show mine” I added. “anyway, what got you into hacking?” I asked.
@bpalmer

2 Likes

Archer
His laugh was really warm. Warmer than Archer had expected but it was nice. Archer shrugged at his words. “I mean the mask really doesn’t bother me I dont know it’s just all I know your face to be so ah.” He was still smiling at Genosta. He moved a little closer to where he sat as he put his things back in his bag. “Just kind of stumped onto it and I was good at it so it stuck.”
@Meekepeek

2 Likes

I nodded and flopped down next to him on the ground before laying in the snow as the cold ice melted or stuck to my clothes. “Okay, what about anything else, if you don’t live here anymore, what do you do to make a living, white hat hacking?” I asked.
@bpalmer

3 Likes