Las Levendas REBOOT - Offical Thread

◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈

december third >> gaston

Gaston’s steel blue gaze was piercing-tearing through LeFou, first through his clothing, then through his skin, then his heart-which began to beat a bit faster at this. But to LeFou’s horror-he did not looked pleased with the (well-deserved indeed) compliment, instead, disappointed. His thick black brows drew nearer to his eyes-framed by lashes that were just as dark. Which LeFou could not comprehend. “Obviously.” Was the curt reply, followed by a long sigh, also something of disappointment. “Everyone admires me-that’s normal. Everyone…” His teeth clenched, his sharp jawline becoming even more defined. “…Except Belle.” Another deep sigh, this time out his perfect nose. He was not disappointed in LeFou, then, more disappointed in the face that Belle did not admire him like everyone else did. He looked furious just talking about it, his fists turning red, his neck seeming to thicken. “I was misunderstood, rejected, and insulted by my wife, LeFou. It was not right.” He shook his head, the small ponytail at the back of his head whirling in circles like the blades of a helicopter. LeFou shook his head as well, not in a mocking way, but to share Gaston’s disappointment.

“She does not deserve you, Gaston. No one does.” LeFou said solemnly. Especially not me. “You can’t let her get away with speaking to you this way?” He did not mean that Gaston should be treating Belle badly, or punishing her-no, LeFou would never recommend that. He was more trying to boost Gaston’s esteem, telling him not to let someone make him feel inferior-when he was, in reality, superior. And his confidence was one of the things that made him so. Gaston agreed with LeFou, scratching his stubbly chin. “Of course.” LeFou said dreamily, agreeing very much that there was nothing Gaston was not brilliant at. Except for maybe seeing one’s true feelings. LeFou’s heart was beating quickly from his speech-so he took a silent, deep breath, allowing his chest and stomach to fill with air before releasing it. He was sure Gaston would not notice. However, just when he was beginning to relax-Gaston did something. Or, his mouth did, stretching into a hint of a smile. A smile for him. Gaston was looking at him when this happened-so LeFou knew it belonged to him-it was not at a notification on his phone or an apology from his wife. His cheeks pinkened and his eyes widened slightly. It was his. He smiled back-definitely a larger smile than Gaston, but a subtle one nonetheless. His smile on the inside was much broader.

“LeFou, what are you-” A short warning came right before the coffee met his lips, but it was much too late. Gaston did not finish his sentence, his mouth hanging open. “Is this some absurd joke?” Came after a grunt, and was partnered with the raise of a bushy eyebrow. Anyone could tell the guy was absolutely mortified. His eyes more white than brown, his mouth hanging open awkwardly, almost frozen as he wondered whether to swallow the coffee, or let it stay sizzling in his mouth. “Do you find my behavior funny?” LeFou’s eyes grew impossibly wider. “No! No, of course not! It was merely an accident!” He blurted out, stammering as he did so. He found the ability to swallow had returned, and he quickly did so, then set the cup onto the table.

“Great.” Gaston patted him on the back like one might do to a friend-though LeFou didn’t mind this. Instead he smiled a very small smile. “I won’t.” Though his smile was insecure, and unsure, Gaston’s was the opposite-cunning and confident. “We have to be prepared for Belle’s arrival. She will visit us today.” He announced. This was a shock to LeFou. “She…she will?” He asked, surprise expertly disguising the…disappointment? This did mean less time with his best friend, and more time watching Gaston interact with the woman he had married. He could already see it, Belle waltzing through the wooden door, dressed in a classy dress that accentuated her stunning eyes. Her shiny brown hair would be in some sort of updo-curls pulled away from her beautiful face. She would be smiling pleasantly-maybe a bit unsure, but that would only add to Belle’s charm. And for the trillionth time, LeFou would envy both her beauty, and the husband she took for granted. “That’s why, my dear LeFou…you have to make sure that nobody says anything or destroys the whole thing.” Gaston had a dreamy smile-one that he never gave to LeFou. “Belle needs to remember this evening as best as possible. It must be an event worthy of my name!” LeFou nodded as if he understood, though his heart sank with every nod. “You can count on me.” He told Gaston.

o r p - @sunflower.flow SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG AHHH!!! ALSO @ANGELIC HI BELLE

2 Likes

Archer
I wrap my arms around him and smile as I kiss his head. “Well you have all of that now and I love you just how you are so don’t worry about it at all.” I say as I smile at him. “I haven’t had anyone to share meals with pretty much ever if im being honest so it is really comforting to not eat alone.” Archer sat beside Gensosta with his plate. “well welcome home Gen.”
@Meekepeek

1 Like

I look up at Archer. “are you actively trying to get me to break out in tears or is that just my imagination?” I asked as a joked to deal with the fact that these words were things I always wanted to hear. So they hit me hard again. I just didn’t want to cry, ever, so instead I smiled.
@bpalmer

1 Like

Archer
I panicked bit when I heard his question and imediently hugged him tight. “Im so so sorry I don’t want you to cry Gen.” I say as I look ups t him and see a smile. “If you need to cry though do it because its not good to hold that back.” I say as I cress his cheek. “Why don’t we eat.” I lean my head on him one last quick moment before I let go of him and sit back in my seat.
@Meekepeek

1 Like

I let out a chuckle. “Okay, we need ro work on that” I said while shaking my head. “This might be surprising, but I do sometimes joke you know” I saod as I patted his head before he walked to his seat again. “Sure, I prefer a warm meal after all” I said with a wink.
@bpalmer

1 Like

Archer
“Stop it I know you joke plenty Gen but that didn’t sound like joking and you had me a little panicked and stuff but if you needed to cry I wanted you to cry ok.” I say as I sake my head when he pats it. “No head pats my hair is still wet and it is clingy.” I say as I giggle and pull away. I roll my ears at his warm meal comment but hold his hand as I start to eat. “I know you do.”
@Meekepeek

1 Like

“I knew, but I don’t like being emotional. Besodes, I have no reason to cry” I added and took a bite. “Besides, after this, I still have to make you a decent hot chocolate” I point out.
@bpalmer

1 Like

Present day ~ December 3rd

LeFou knew how to improve his mood. He could save him from demons that Gaston himself did not know existed. He could do it since he was a child when they both did not know yet that their friendship would last a lifetime. Unbroken by quarrels, love… changes. Gaston clicked his tongue with satisfaction. “Of course not. Nobody deserves me.” Pride gushed out of his voice. A vanity Gaston was almost made of. “But she… She deserved me the most.” His voice trembled, and his heart broke a little under his broad chest. After all, he loved her. He desired her like nothing else in the world… she wanted him, too, reasonably. What had changed then?

He couldn’t think about it. He did not want to. After all, it was ridiculous. He? Unsure of his wife’s feelings? Absurd!

Gaston sensed his soul felt strange somehow. LeFou’s smile - wide and admiring… made Gaston feel more pleasant. It always had been like that. Even when they were little. Although, Gaston never thought about it for too long. He lingered his eyes on his friend for a few more seconds before he turned his head back to his phone.

LeFou excused himself nervously as if his life depended on his words. Gaston’s face softened. He couldn’t be angry with his friend. He grunted deliberately. He brought the cup closer to him again to avoid repetition of the uncomfortable situation. He didn’t want the guests watching them perceive it in a provident manner.

“Oh, yes, of course!” Gaston added happily. “Isn’t that great?” He did not remark how his friend (admittedly with extraordinary skill) hid the disappointment carried in his soul. And even if… for unknown reasons, Gaston did notice it, he would not react. What LeFou felt was not his concern.

Did Gaston break their invisible promise - a promise that was created by a slowly taking root routine? Perhaps. The tavern was their place, after all. They didn’t always come to the cafe. Whether they met in the morning or in the afternoon was a matter of chance. But they always went to the tavern. Every day and at the same time. And always together… just the two of them. Even if the end of the world was approaching, they would have met there anyway. They would sit at a table by the window, watching through it as a giant meteor was getting closer to the surface of their planet. They would remember all the beautiful memories with two mugs of ale filled to the brim.

Gaston unknowingly broke that silent oath. Probably because he didn’t see it. He didn’t care about it, although he was undeniably following its rules… until now.

“Well. I’m glad we have everything arranged.” He clapped his hands.

Gaston picked up the cup, lifting it in a gesture of toast. Before anyone could stop him, he put a mug to his mouth, taking a long sip. Only now did it enlighten him. He held the drink in his mouth, and the previous situation was recreated before his eyes. Gaston swallowed in horror… at the same time causing the coffee and the specks of his friend’s saliva to flow down his throat, right into his stomach. Gaston frowned, biting his tongue with even more disgust than before.

“For heaven’s sake.” He muttered tensely. He tightened his grip on the porcelain, and the cup shook dangerously under his fingers. He got up. Fast, aggressively. He strode towards the bar where waitresses and baristas stood. Women’s eyes watched him fearfully. Gaston put (or actually almost threw) the mug on the counter. He noticed with his chaotic glance that this beautiful red-haired lady was nowhere to be seen among the restless waitresses. Gaston pointed to one of the waitresses available (the prettiest one, of course). In silence, he gestured at the table where LeFou was sitting. The woman raised her brown eyebrow in surprise. She watched Gaston as he returned to the table instead of ordering something when he was standing at the counter. He sat down and started watching her impatiently.

The rest of the waitresses patted her back reproachfully. They were forcing her not to hang around there like a dog in heat. The woman sighed, so loud, that her resignation could be heard all over the cafe.

She stood in front of the table, and before she could speak, Gaston snorted.

“Water.” He grunted in frustration. He looked at her from head to toe. She stood with her arms folded over her chest, staring at him strangely from beneath her brown fringe. There was a badge with her name on her right breast. Unfortunately, Gaston saw only the letter “E” because the rest of the word was hidden under a big stain of coffee.

“What about it?” the woman asked, her sarcastic smile only driving Gaston more mad. Blood rushed to his head, and his pupils narrowed.

“I’m ordering water,” Gaston repeated, trying to remain calm.

The woman finger-gunned at him. “Well, it is so much better this way. I think that additional ‘please’ is not even worth asking for."

Before Gaston could react, the woman disappeared and returned just as swiftly with a glass of cold water. She quickly returned to the bar, meeting the terrified eyes of her friends. With squeaky voices, they attacked the woman with questions, not understanding what had just happened.

Gaston ignored the whole situation for the sake of his health. He drank the contents of the cup in one gulp, taking away the last remains of the disgusting liquid. Gaston then got up. He tossed a few dollars on the table (he had ‘accidentally forgotten’ the tip), looked at LeFou, grunted “Let’s go,” grabbed his jacket, and left. He didn’t even wait for his friend.

@ethereal ~ Marcel LeFou

I am sorry… I KNOW IT IS AWFUL! YOUR REPLY WAS SO AMAZING THO

2 Likes

Belle Legume
~Present Day~

Where she had decided to take a seat was near the front of the stage. The man singing, she has yet to learn his name, kept flicking his eyes back over to her. Belle wasn’t quite sure of what this meant, but it didn’t seem to quite matter as he continued singing till the song ended. It took her mind off of last night for a little while. She was still so frustrated with him. Even though she understands why he is upset, he doesn’t understand her reasons. He doesn’t know. Let’s be honest though, he doesn’t know much anyways so for him to pick up on this… it would be hard. All Belle does is do everything for him besides that. Where was he even staying? Possibly Lefou’s place? Hopefully his place. She took a large sip of her drink so she doesn’t get a headache from thinking about the past events.

Then soon enough the man on the stage called to her. She peered up, the light hitting her eyes from the angle. Belle squinted as she shrugged off his apology. “No need for that.” She referred to his ‘sorry’. Her eyebrow quirked up,”You do?” She continued quickly,”Mmm, How about your favorite song?” She smiled sweetly at the man. Her name… first names work, right? “Belle,” She spoke into the microphone and pushed stray strands out of her face, behind her ears.

@sunflower.flow ~ Bill(sorry)

2 Likes

Archer
“Ok just know you can always be emotional if you want or need Gen.” I smiled as I at and knew he was actually happy here. I giggle as soon as I hear his comment about hot chocolate. “Oh come on really back at that again Gen!?” I say with pretend annoyance "But yeah it can’t be worse that’s for sure.’
@Meekepeek

1 Like

“Hey, when it comes to hot chocolate, you better make it right!” I point out. “Besides, hot chocolate milk is way better than just hot chocolate with water” I point out. “besides, I need to make your standard for hot chocolate higher so that next time you treat me, I get more than just instant stuff” I joked.
@bpalmer

1 Like

Archer
I giggle as I listen to Gen rant about hot chocolate. “Hey in my defense I have never had it any other way than I made it for you so.” I say as I eat “But Yeah I agree that maybe if you make it better for me it will up my standards but maybe you also will always get stuck making it.”
@Meekepeek

1 Like

“I…” I started but then thought for a second. “I didn’t think about that…” I said but then chuckle. “Well, guess I’ll have to teach you how to make it” I joked as I took a bite. “Besides, it’s not that hard, and a chocolate bar is almost as expensive as the instant stuff” I point out.
@bpalmer

1 Like

Archer
“Thats true I guess but yeah you will teach me and I will still make you make it because you will be better at it.” I say as I giggle and eat some more. “You are lucky I don’t have you cook more this is really really good Gen.”
@Meekepeek

1 Like

I smiled. “Well I’m happy to do so if that means when we go out for dinner, you pay all the time” I said with a wink. “But I’m glad you like it, it’s simple but tastes good so I wanted to make it again” I said. “I’m happy I have you to share it with” I added with a smile.
@bpalmer

1 Like

Archer
I giggle “Well I don’t go out often and Im not sure that you would want to go out much more than me but I like cooking so no I want to cook some too.” I say as I smile at him and eat. “But yeah this is really good and I will probably ask you to teach me to make it again.” I lean my head on him and smile
@Meekepeek

1 Like

“True” I just said with a chuckle. “And I will teach you how to make it, just so I don’t have to cook as much. I like to do it for you from time to time, but it’s not my favorite hobby” I said. “But the occasional cooking won’t hurt” I added quickly.
@bpalmer

1 Like

Archer
“And see I would prefer cooking I really like to cook.” I say as I smile at him. “But yeah if you teach me this an any other good recipes you have stashed away I would appreciate it Gen.” I giggle as I smile at him. “Well when you want to cook you just tell me.”
@Meekepeek

1 Like

I nodded. “Sounds good” I said and carefully stretched for a little bit. “By the way, I looked at the weather forecast and at the ejd if the afternoon, it’s going to be clear, I know what happened will probably already set your answer, but I don’t feel like being stuck inside because of some cowards” I said. “How about we take the bus to go out of town for a little bit and go walk somewhere like a forest or near a lake” I suggested.
@bpalmer.

1 Like

Archer
I hear what Gen says and nod. “Ok as long as the weather is suppose to be better then Im ok with going out. I have my bus pass so we can take the bus no problem.” I stand up and put my empty dishes in the sink. “I don’t want to be stuck inside because of them either. I am going out with you Gen so they can just buzz off.” I say as I wash my dishes. “Have you been ice skating? If we go to the lake I can take you skating.”
@Meekepeek

1 Like